Fox Sports

So good to hear graham Hughes back calling. He was great back in the day on ten.

Agreed. Fox should start using Hughes permanently. Great commentator.

1 Like

I enjoyed the call, reminds me of when he was at SKY doing warriors games in the late 90’s

Would have been a nice touch if they used retro graphics during the game for this so called ‘retro round’. I liked that yellow/blue package they had during the early 2000s.

If anyone is after a laugh:

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/over-8800-new-jobs-created-at-fox-sports-news-in-wake-of-jarryd-haynes-return-to-the-nrl/

According to The Sunday Telegraph, Fox Sports will show the college football game between University of California, Berkeley and University of Hawaii at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium on August 27, with NRL commentator Warren Smith calling the action for both Australian and American audiences.

yep - can’t bloody wait, love my College Football

That doesn’t make sense at all. Why would whatever US network is broadcasting the game have an Australia commentator who probably knows next-to-nothing about American football?

Woz knows plenty about American sports, his baseball knowledge is second-to-none in this country too.

FOXTEL AND FOX SPORTS ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP WITH COLLEGE FOOTBALL SYDNEY CUP

The game will air on FOX SPORTS 502 on Saturday, 27th August LIVE at 11.30am

Foxtel today announced their partnership with the 2016 College Football Sydney Cup, joining the event as the presenting partner. FOX SPORTS has also come on board, as the official Australian broadcaster.

The Foxtel partnership is an extension of the company’s ever expanding offering of US sports which sees the Subscription Television broadcaster screen ‘best of the US’ sports live 7 days a week including weekly coverage of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL as well as college football and basketball.

Deanne Weir, Managing Director, Content Aggregation and Wholesale for Foxtel said “We are thrilled to be partnering with the College Football Sydney Cup, the very first NCAA College Football game for the season and the first time American football has been played in Australia since 1999.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for us to highlight our huge range of US sport which features on our channel partners ESPN and FOX SPORTS.

“This event promises to be something that’s never been seen in Australia before, and I am thrilled our partners at FOX SPORTS will broadcast it to our subscribers live and exclusively”.

In a win for Aussie American Football fans, FOX SPORTS will be broadcasting the game locally in conjunction with ESPN who will be airing the game live in prime time in the US.

The game has the potential to be viewed by more than 100 million US viewers on the ESPN main channel with the season opener last year being broadcast to more than ten million homes nationally in the States.

FOX SPORTS will work with ESPN on the broadcast which will be produced locally at ANZ stadium before the feed heads to ESPN headquarters in Bristol (US) and then back into the homes of Foxtel subscribers.

ESPN will be sending an extensive team of statisticians, producers, directors and camera experts down under to assist with the production – an indication of the magnitude of this broadcast.

The broadcast will also have a local flavour with FOX SPORTS NRL commentator, Warren Smith, joining the US commentary team to provide on-site colour and injury reports from the boundary. Smith said he was looking forward to commentating his first American Football match.

”It’s a fantastic initiative to bring the season opening College Football game to Sydney. Aussies have fallen in love with American Football and I can’t wait to be part of the commentary team, that delivers the match from Sydney to millions of fans around the world and of course live to Foxtel sports subscribers”.

Greg Alexander anchoring the Tigers v Cowboys studio coverage with Andrew Voss earlier on the Gold Coast for Jarryd Hayne’s return. Haven’t seen Alexander do it before.

He anchored Thursday or Friday night football a few weeks back… Can’t remember which one it was.

fox motorsport announced on facebook that a dedicated Fox Sports Bathurst Channel starts on October 3. Featuring Live and Continuous coverage of the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 as well as classic races, Pit Lane Live, and ‘Bathurst Legends’ - a new 4 part documentary.

Personally, id like to see Greg Alexander be given a go at play by play. Sterlo did it for Nine when Rabs was in London in 2012. Maybe they could use him once a Perth team comes in.

Sadly ‘continuous’ means there will be ads in a split screen format…

So The Telegraph then was somewhat wrong about Smith’s role with the Aussie college football game then.

Doing sideline duty is far from doing the actual pxp. Somewhat unusual it mentions that the feed is going back to Bristol then back to Australia to Foxtel. Usually that would indicate it is being directed and graphics inserted at ESPN HQ, but then the article says it will be produced here, so I’m not quite sure what to make of that.

Missing…

1 Like

MEDIA DIARY

Foxtel’s deal gives its customers three new channels with matches on delay. But sources say Optus didn’t like the fact that Foxtel customers would receive the extra channels for no extra cost and complained to the all-powerful EPL. Optus did fork out close to $200 million for the rights after all! The EPL, in turn, asked if Foxtel might charge its customers for the three new channels in a bid to assuage Optus’s concerns. So Foxtel will offer the channels for free in the first month, after which it will charge 1c per channel.

Shameful.

Foxtel should be ashamed of themselves.

why should Foxtel be ashamed of themselves? Optus is the one that complained not Foxtel. I think you should whinge at Optus.

Did Foxtel complain when ONE HD had the rights to Arsenal TV and Liverpool TV I think it was?