Foxtel

A Foxtel spokesperson told me BeIN Sports will be launching a day earlier than planned on the 14th May

Does Bein cover the Mexican soccer league (Liga MX)?

[quote=“TVHead, post:64, topic:638, full:true”]
Does Bein cover the Mexican soccer league (Liga MX)?[/quote]
No unless they have been holding off rights until the new channels launch from what I have seen they cover MLS (USA / Canada), Brazilian and Argentina (BeIN Sports Connect only).

just saw a new channel on 499, 599 & 699 - whats on. basically running a loop flogging off the additional packs - sa adverts for movies, sports and kids on it.

channel 400 is gone add 146 to the list showing adverts

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fox Sports

Anyone watching Foxtel at about 4.15 am EST today? I was, and if you were and you have an IQ2 you might have found your box suddenly rebooting itself (and cancelling any recordings that happened to be in progress). Apparently, series links have been disappearing and the reboot was supposed to fix the problem.

P.S. It is alarming when it happens. I thought for a minute that my box was broken and that I’d lost everything.

Documentary channels are currently open for me even though i dont subscribe.Cant find anything on the website about it.Anybody know how long for?

I noticed that Foxtel’s website was down today. It seems that it wasn’t the only one - seems like Stan was also down plus a number of banks.

Amazon Web Services outage causes Australian website chaos

Some of the websites affected include those belonging to Fairfax Media, publisher of this website; Foxtel and Fox Sports; car sharing service Go Get; The Daily Telegraph’s NRL Super Coach site; Nine and Fairfax-owned online streaming platform Stan…

###Special Fast & Furious Pop Up Channel

Special Fast & Furious Pop Up Channel roars into action for special four day marathon screening

The adrenaline fuelled and action packed, driving franchise, Fast & Furious, is the latest in a string of pop-up channels coming to Foxtel Movies subscribers in July. Foxtel’s popular pop-up channels have become a unique addition to the Foxtel Movies line up, and the upcoming Fast & Furious weekend is sure to thrill die-hard fans and new comers alike. All seven of the blockbuster movies will race to channel 400 starting from 6am on Friday 8 July and will screen back-to-back, crossing the finish line on Monday morning 11 July.

Known for its daring races, street chases, heists and turbo-charged hot-rods, Fast & Furious took to screens in 2001 with the first movie The Fast and The Furious, which created an incredible fan base and spawned an additional six sequels.

Based against a backdrop of undercover investigations, underworld street crime and illegal street dragging, Fast & Furious stars some of the biggest names in Hollywood action including Vin Diesel (Dominic Toretto); Chad Lindberg (Jesse); Michelle Rodriguez (Letty Ortiz); Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson); Elsa Pataky (Elena Neves) and the late Paul Walker (Brian O’Conner), who all show off their amazing driving skills and tough street talk across the film series.

The Fast & Furious pop-up channel will be available in HD* to Foxtel Platinum and Foxtel Movies subscribers on channel 400 and features all seven high-octane films.

• The Fast and the Furious (2001)
• 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
• The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)
• Fast & Furious (2009)
• Fast Five (2011)
• Fast & Furious 6 (2013)
• Fast & Furious 7 (2015)

1 Like

400 is in the mag as “FOXTEL MORE”

And most of the movie channels have had slight logo changes.

It’s the new permanent channel which houses the ‘pop-up’ movie seasons (like the Fast & Furious one).

PS: Sorry for the formatting of the page - had to link to the Google cache version of the announcement

Foxtel drama heats up this winter
Winter has come and there’s even more to keep things sizzling with Fear the Walking Dead, The Kettering Incident, Ray Donovan and more.

Showcase

• The Kettering Incident – A ground-breaking Foxtel Original Drama starring Elizabeth Debicki and Matthew Le Nevez and shot entirely in Tasmania. The Kettering Incident follows Anna Macy (Debicki) who left the town of Kettering when she was 14 after her best friend mysteriously disappeared. When she returns after 15 years she finds a community in crisis. Her reappearance causes an even greater stir with rumours about what really happened during her friend’s disappearance on everyone’s mind. When another girl disappears under similar circumstances, Anna is driven to discover the truth (airing from July 4).
• The Night Of – One of the most anticipated new HBO drama events, The Night Of delves into the intricacies of a complex New York City murder case with cultural and political overtones (airing from July 17).
• Ray Donovan (season 4) – Ray (Liev Schreiber) is a complicated fix-it man for Hollywood’s rich and famous. He’s the go-to guy that makes ‘problems’ disappear for athletes, celebrities and anyone can afford his services; but, Ray’s past is constantly haunting him along with a troubled family and an unpredictable father out to settle old scores (now airing).
• Ballers (season 2) stars Dwayne Johnson as Spencer Strasmore, a former NFL superstar who trades on his name and past success to help new up-and-comers and sports veterans alike navigate the big league and all of the pitfalls that come with it (airing from July 19).

FX:

• Fear the Walking Dead (season 2, part 2) – The companion series to The Walking Dead has taken the world by storm and explores another shattered group of survivors who set out on the open seas in search of a safe harbour to call home in the midst of the zombie apocalypse (airing August 22).
• Kingdom (season 2, part B) – Kingdom introduces us to Alvey Kulina, who runs a mixed martial arts gym in Venice, California. He trains fighters along with his sons, Nate and Jay, while navigating the challenges of raising a family and dealing with the inherent violence of his trade (airing July 28).

BBC First:

• Peaky Blinders (season 3) – A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England, just after World War I. The drama centres on the Romani Peaky Blinders gang and heir ambitious boss Tommy Shelby (Cillian Murphy) who is out to expand his criminal organisation in the face of challengers on both sides of the law (airing from June 30).
• The Musketeers (season 3) – In a retelling of the classic story, The Musketeers follows three of the best soldiers in the king’s regiment who are committed to upholding justice in an ongoing battle to maintain order against all forces determined to sabotage them and their homeland (airing from August 11).

Telstra announced last week it was closing the Mobile Foxtel service (which allows you to watch up to 34 channels on the go) and its Android and iOS apps. The full announcement is here
The telco is pushing its subscribers to other services like Foxtel Go and Presto which count towards the monthly data cap, while Mobile Foxtel is unmetered.

I’m honestly surprised that this service lasted as long as it did, to be perfectly honest.

1 Like

Chelsea TV, Liverpool TV & Man United TV launched today. Here is a brief look at the channels:

1 Like

Universal Music Group artists return to Foxtel

Foxtel and Universal Music Australia today announced a new partnership that will see Universal Music Group artists feature on Foxtel’s music channels from August 1, 2016.

Universal Music Group artists will be showcased on all four of Foxtel’s contemporary music channels – [V] HITS, MAX, Foxtel Smooth and CMC – featuring both video clips and additional content.

Brian Walsh, Foxtel Executive Director of Television, said: “We are very pleased to achieve this landmark deal with Universal Music and my thanks to George Ash and his team for working to a satisfactory resolution. The finalisation of this deal sets us up to revitalise our full suite of music channels moving forward.

“The recent re-fresh of [V] Hits is delivering very strong ratings and customer engagement with the younger demographic, who love the non-stop music format. MAX, Foxtel Smooth and CMC will continue to broadcast the best choice of contemporary, classic and country music for lovers of the genre.”

George Ash, President of Universal Music Asia Pacific, said: “We are thrilled to continue our great partnership with Foxtel, and we’re looking forward to working with Brian Walsh and his fantastic team to bring exceptional new music to all Foxtel subscribers.”

Hello Foxtel Community,

Any danger Foxtel can sort the Free to Air Channel names for Hobart…

Oh and add Nine/TDT HD…

Cheers

Chris.

Hi - you’re on the wrong website. This is Media Spy, a forum about discussing and analyzing the media. The Foxtel Community is a separate website managed by Foxtel where your post should be made instead.

1 Like

But will be ignored over there anyway, there’s been a few posts asking for the Tasmanian channels to be fixed and no replies, no action, nothing.

So we still have the old channel numbers which is fine but the name and EPG for example for Eleven is for Gem and One is for Go from memory. It’s getting confusing and has been for 3 weeks now.