Fox News Channel

About half of what Dominion were gunning for though, admittedly. Certainly sounds like there was smoke there if Fox Corp thought it was worse than a 50/50 shot in court, plus having to have their stars and execs testify.

Dominion will likely happily take what they got and move on, I suspect (and it’ll be a lot more in Canadian dollars).

1 Like

Essentially Dominion wanted them to stop running their name through the mud, and Fox knew that if they didn’t settle and lost in court, they’d have to admit that they lied. They don’t give a shit about the money. Their main goal was to avoid having to have their hosts admit on air that they had lied.

2 Likes

The story will be covered on 4 Corners next Monday (a repeat).

1 Like

The smartmatic claim is $2.7b USD. That has some way to run and if it sees court won’t be until about 2025 according to MSNBC. Hopefully they take even more of Fox’s money. It seems there’s no accountability for the actual presenters. They should all be sacked.

The thing is it’s not the presenters’ fault, they’re reading what they’ve been told to by management. That’s the worst part.

1 Like

Well, at least we’ve gunned one down (not physically, of course)…
https://twitter.com/TVNewsNow/status/1650529415447691265

4 Likes

Didn’t see that one coming.

Snake oil salesman will turn up somewhere else though I’m sure.

1 Like

I think he’ll be turning up on the likes of Newsmax… Only if they not consider him a ‘traitor’ re the Trump messages in the Dominion case, a la how they treated Pence after Jan 6.

[Update] ugh, I forgot the NewsNation dumpster is still around!

2 Likes

Is this part of the fallout after Fox News settled the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit over the network’s 2020 election reporting? More sackings of on air talent to come?

The company specified 20 broadcasts that it said were defamatory, including a Jan. 26, 2021, episode of Carlson’s show featuring MyPillow founder Mike Lindell. Dominion and Fox News reached a settlement agreement just before lawyers for the two sides were set to deliver opening statements in Delaware state court.

The company’s lawsuit against Fox laid bare the behind-the-scenes discussions taking place among Fox’s top executives, producers and hosts, Carlson among them, after President Joe Biden was declared the winner of the 2020 election.

In an exchange with members of his staff in early January 2021, Carlson wrote, “We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait,” and “I hate him passionately.” Carlson also called the former president “a demonic force, a destroyer” in a text message to his producer following the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol.

Other messages showed Carlson and his fellow primetime hosts Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham insulting Trump’s lawyers, namely Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani, about the unfounded claims that the election was stolen.

2 Likes

According to Variety, yes… Dan Bongino was canned last week too.

1 Like

A bit of a surprise move from Fox considering his show was literally one of if not the biggest show on cable. Didn’t even give him a goodbye program or anything. Guess they’re trying to clean house after how the trial went for them.

1 Like

Well clearly the answer is right in front of us, it’s just a straight swap of networks between Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon :rofl:

3 Likes

Tucker Carlson is the highest rating host on cable news.

It’s a shocking move. No doubt there’ll be bids from NewsNation and Newmax.

1 Like

Sad to see Rupert Murdoch going woke and axing Tucker!

8 Likes

The Five is the #1 show

1 Like

Who are they going to replace him with…who’s the next RWNJ to fill the spot.

Yep, since April 2022. Tucker Carlson was, however, a strong second.

1 Like

But he’s also one of the most facist and unhinged. He’s also a liar.

Hannity and Ingram also need to go. They’re just as an extreme and lie on a daily basis to their viewers.

1 Like

A lot of them are lucky the Dominion trial got settled - I’d imagine a lot would’ve left out of embarrassment if their true thoughts, feelings and opinions were leaked any further.

I suspect Fox is probably thinking getting rid of Carlson would be enough to say ‘Hey we’ve taken action on the biggest prick who were really speaking our minds instead of actually telling the truth’ and then double down on their extremist views with even more nutjobs.

1 Like