Fox News Channel

They didn’t air commercials with Tucker Carlson tonight. They forgo revenue to make a political decision to run counter propaganda. They’re not a news network. They are division of the Republican Party. They would rather not make money to ensure their viewers don’t leave the cult.

3 Likes

They’re opinion shows, so I’m not going to pretend they’re objective.

But I maintain it’s a business decision. OK, no advertising during Tucker this time, but I reckon there will be advertising during Tucker when the next hearing is on. Not running advertising today limits the opportunities for the audience to change channel and sample what’s going on elsewhere. Retaining the audience through the premiere night of the hearings helps to lock them in for the rest of the nights with hearings, which is easier than trying to lure them back if they happen to enjoy watching the hearings and stay there. Forgoing some revenue on one night to retain revenue on a lot of future nights make perfect business sense to me.

Not how I’d phrase it, but yes that’s what Fox is trying to do. I maintain it’s a ratings decision not a political one, but accept the lines are blurred because the viewers they’re trying to retain happen to enjoy a certain political viewpoint which is pushed by the evening talking heads.

1 Like

The top ten

1. Tucker Carlson (Fox)
  2. Rachel Maddow (MSNBC)
  3. Sean Hannity (Fox)
  4. Lester Holt (NBC)
  5. Anderson Cooper (CNN)
  6. David Muir (ABC)
  7. Jesse Watters (Fox)
  8. Don Lemon (CNN)
  9. Laura Ingraham (Fox)
  10. Bret Baier (Fox)
1 Like
1 Like

That’s pretty liberal definition of the word journalist. More like “news-adjacent personality”.

2 Likes
1 Like

Good appointment. And makes sense coming from LA. CNN and MSNBC should have late news from the west coast too.

1 Like

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/war-reporter-benjamin-hall-returns-to-tv-after-being-seriously-injured-in-ukraine/news-story/651bd32b701d33503ad977542be771c5

2 Likes

A former first amendment lawyer, Kosseff said he has never seen anything like these revelations and was startled by “the sheer barrage of acknowledgment, from the very top, that the things being said on the air were false”.

The suit has excavated an ugly reality: that the corporate culture at Fox is less about the truth than about protecting profits and market position.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

The company, which owns Fox News, has reached a confidential agreement to resolve a defamation case levied against it by Venezuelan businessman Majed Khalil that alleged Fox News and former host Lou Dobbs had harmed Khalil’s reputation by stating he and three others developed programs and machines to rig the 2020 presidential election.

2 Likes

Settlement for $US787.5 million (about $1.17 billion)

So no accountability for Hannity, Ingram, Carlson, Jeannine and Bartiromo. They don’t even get sacked by fox for costing them all that money. A shame there wasn’t humiliation in the witness stand and a shame they won’t have to apologize on air.

Hopefully there’s more money Fox have to dish out to smartmatic and hopefully they get sued by shareholders.

1 Like
1 Like

I am not sure why this settlement is so newsworthy.

It would be more interesting to read about Fox reporting accurately on a political matter.

Now there’s a story.

1 Like

Stunning settlement payment is why. $1.17 billion. :open_mouth:

2 Likes