Fox News Channel

During a Monday appearance at AmericaFest, a rightwing conference in Phoenix, Watters used incendiary language in a call for people to confront and harass Fauci over his role combatting the COVID-19 pandemic under President Joe Biden and former president Donald Trump.

Watters directed members of the audience to “go in for the kill shot,” ambushing Fauci with misleading Republican claims that Fauc lied to Congress about research[ at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China, “Because he doesn’t see it coming.”

Fauci has said he and his family have received death threats from conservatives who oppose the COVID-19 vaccines and the use of masks to prevent the spread of the virus.

1 Like

Goes to show how awful and dangerous these right wing extremists are. Having their views is one thing but to get people to threaten a leading professional takes it to a whole new level.

Good to see Fauci calling out this kind of ridiculous behaviour. Not a shred of decency from these ‘things’ in society. Ingram, Logan, Hannity, Carlson, and this Watters person, all of them are pathetic with some of their perceptions of society and their unhinged rhetorics.

5 Likes

This seems to surprise? why does this surprise you? :stuck_out_tongue: I have my own misgivings about Fauci and I definitely dislike this moral high grade and entertainment run he seems to enjoy, but any threats to his family and to him are vile and disgusting. And if accordingly the monsters at Fox News did edge that they own they are just as guilty as the idiots who actually threatened.

I would say in my biased opinion, that this should be investigated.

1 Like

Bit of a typo error spelling the new Governor of Virginia’s surname

2 Likes

This is Fox News, an error in spelling is the least of their errors :joy:

8 Likes

The biggest error is their existence.

6 Likes

This is great!! That Peter Doocey from fox (no)news is a fuckwit.

Watch the conservative media act outraged that Biden was “so unpresidential” on the hot mic.

Meanwhile their reverential leader got caught saying much worse on the Access Hollywood bus.

3 Likes

Trump has said a lot worse. Fix just making a mount of everything. No surprises there.

TV host suspended over ‘hateful’ tweets: Fox News host Tucker Carlson suspended from Twitter

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-suspended-from-twitter/news-story/386bdb0980d5be7008839d75e432c72b

3 Likes

Does Caitlyn Jenner have crazy far-right views or is she more a traditional rebulican?

“We’re not anti-LGBTQ+, we have Caitlyn Jenner” will become the new “we’re not right-wing biased, we have Chris Wallace”

5 Likes

I guess they need to replace this now given Wallace has gone to CNN to be part of their new streaming platform.

I’m not sure how adding someone on the right adds balance, even if they are just a little less right.
It just goes to show how far down the rabbit hole Fox News is.

1 Like
1 Like

I’d consider it a business decision. Fox News’ talking heads collectively have the highest audience of the cable news networks. Keeping them on the air with some flexibility to cover the committee hearing when noteworthy events occur will keep the advertisers happy and avoid bleeding audience to other networks.

When virtually every other network is covering the same thing, having a point of difference with a proven track record of ratings and profits makes sense.