Fox Footy

Brenton Speed called the Brisbane v Melbourne game on Fox Sports 503

1 Like

He is a regular commentator on the Fox Footy roster.

1 Like

He’s better than Dwayne Russell.

You’d think he’ll call every week when Fox need to cover 4 games on a Saturday…unless he doesn’t.

3 Likes

Anyone is better than Dwayne Russell. :yum:

1 Like

I think it’s a bit more fluid in the scheduling this year. As an example, yesterday was only 3 Fox games but Speed had a game. Last weekend Dwayne only did one game, Adam Papalia did two. Dwayne called one game with Papalia last week and called a game yesterday with Sandy. Last weekend Sandy and Eddie did a game together. This weekend doesn’t look like Papalia is scheduled for any games.

1 Like

Sandy does Melb based games, cant remember him going elsewhere. Eddie ditto. Dwayne took Eddie’s spot yesterday because of that overlapping with Collingwood’s game. Think we’ll find they’ll settle into a rhythm shortly given 2/3rds of the fixture from here has Fox calling 4 games each Saturday.

1 Like

Sandy has travelled to Sydney too but only as a one off.

1 Like

Herald Sun reports Hawthorn premiership player Josh Gibson, who recently competed in I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here, will make his Fox Footy debut this Saturday night during Sydney v GWS. Gibson, who is close to finalising his move to Sydney, will work on the boundary and provide special comments with at least four games in Sydney.

3 Likes

Another tweak to the fox footy logo. Live and HD part now has a red background

5 Likes

Well spotted!

4 games today and no Speedy. 4th game covered by Eddie and Sandy.

Yes, Eddie doubling up this week to make up for not working last week.
Need to remember Aussie Rules isn’t the only sport Speed calls for Fox.

2 Likes

When a match is shown on Fox Sports 503 it has a black background.

2 Likes

I am aware of that. Not sure if you recall but last week you definitively stated that he calls every week when Fox need to cover 4 games on a Saturday. I stated it was more fluid than that this year and gave examples. Just following up on that to confirm it’s accuracy.

Speedy was commentating the Newcastle v Brisbane game on FOX League.

2 Likes

Did he call every week Fox covered 4 games on a Saturday last year to back up this fluidity claim you are definitively stating or are you speculating like I was?

I am not going to get in a game of trying to justify or provide evidence behind my comments. My post was referring to this year and was my observations, if you re-read it I wrote “I think” and “this year” which to me means I have not definitively stated anything. I think it brings down the reliability of this place when anyone, me included, states anything definitevely when they are speculating and it turns out to be incorrect.

Do agree that there’s way too much put here as fact when it clearly isn’t. With that said, Ive learnt a secret to here is that you put “think” at the start of a sentence and say whatever you like.

:+1:t2: