Fox Footy

Speedy back calling AFL Saturday :hugs:
I guess he will miss out next week given Fox only have 4 games all up to cover.

1 Like

Differences between these two watermarks?

2 Likes

The old watermark is still being used for highlight clips on the AFL website and social media.

According to today’s Herald Sun, former St Kilda star Leigh Montagna will commentate an AFL match for the first time tomorrow, calling the Western Bulldogs-Brisbane game at Etihad Stadium. Montagna called several AFLW matches earlier this year and has been providing special comments during the current AFL season. Former Western Bulldogs captain Bob Murphy will also make his debut as boundary reporter at the same game.

2 Likes

Will be good to see, Leigh was quite good during the AFLW I thought. Fox Footy is producing 5 matches in the one day tomorrow for the first time ever I believe?

3 Likes

Fox has 5 matches today, hence Leigh Montagna will commentate an AFL match for the first time tomorrow, calling the Western Bulldogs-Brisbane game at Etihad Stadium.

2 Likes

No, Fox Footy had produced 5 matches in one day in the past few years or so due to AFL scheduling. It happened in the final round of regular season (until the pre-finals break was introduced) or in the Mother’s Day round.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s right. In the previous broadcast deal Seven used to produce a Saturday arvo match on delay, along with a Saturday night match, so Fox only did 4 matches on those day.

For 2017 there was also just the standard amount of 5 matches on Mother’s Day eve so Fox Footy did 4 matches.

3 Likes

So Robert Murphy is doing the GWS v WCE game for AFL Nation (from their website) and the Dogs v Lions game for Fox on the same day? Interesting…

2 Likes

Assuming Murphy goes straight from the GWS-West Coast game to the airport to catch a flight to Melbourne?

2 Likes

I’m assuming he’s not going to Sydney at all.

2 Likes

Would someone please list who all the commentators are for each game that Fox produces on this Super Saturday of football where they will be utilising five different sets of commentators around the land? I don’t have Foxtel or an AFL pass so I would be very thankful for your help.

Eddie McGuire and Dwayne Russell did Carlton v Essendon
Brenton Speed did GWS v West Coast
Adam Papalia is doing Gold Coast v Melbourne
Anthony Hudson is doing Port Adelaide v Adelaide
Sandy Roberts and Leigh Montagna are doing Western Bulldogs v Brisbane Lions

4 Likes

Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy are flying to Shanghai early to acclimatise before commentating Saturday’s match between Gold Coast and Port Adelaide at Jiangwan Stadium. They are co-hosts of Sportsday on 3AW as well so other presenters like Shane McInnes will fill in from Tuesday to Thursday.

2 Likes

Was thinking Fox would do a studio job on that- but now you said it, Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy are flying to Shanghai. Crocmedia will send a team over, i reckon.

1 Like

I wonder who called matches for Fox today?

Sandy Roberts, Eddie McGuire, Gary Lyon, Nick Riewoldt and Nick Dal Santo did the twilight game (ESS vs. GEEL)

1 Like

Brenton speed - North v GWS
Anthony Hudson, Paul Roos, Mark ricciuto, Josh Gibson - Syd v Freo
Dwayne Russell, Gerard Healy, Dermott Brereton - GC v Port (Koch was in the crowd)

2 Likes

Sandy Roberts and Eddie McGuire also have the Blues-Demons match tomorrow.

Kelli Underwood was at Optus Stadium (West Coast v Richmond) where she hosted coverage. I believe that Pavlich, Adam Papalia will be calling the game.

1 Like

Fox Footy release an article every week on their website that gives a list of callers for the weekend’s games.
This weeks can be found here:

1 Like