Fox Footy

Sunday Herald Sun’s Jon Anderson has revealed that former Collingwood captain and coach Tony Shaw will not be part of Fox Footy’s commentary team for this year, after 15 years with the broadcaster. However Shaw will still be heard on 3AW’s AFL coverage.

2 Likes

Tony Shaw himself revealed this on Friday…

2 Likes

Tony Shaw was rarely part of the coverage last year so no surprise he has been let go to make way for Garry Lyon.

1 Like

A stellar run. But perhaps time to wind back, hopefully we hear even more of him on AW.

1 Like

@LukeMovieMan Why on earth would you want to punish yourself with more Tony Shaw? Happy he’s not on Fox Footy anymore.

Former Western Bulldogs captain Robert Murphy, who retired from AFL last year, now has his own show on Fox Footy simply titled Bob. The 10-part interview series will be shown mid 2018.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-western-bulldogs-skipper-bob-murphy-back-in-the-drivers-seat-with-new-fox-footy-show/news-story/f0bc3db235b08f7f51988a49627fd363

3 Likes

Man they really went all in on their budget to think of that title!

3 Likes

And let’s hope they do better than some of the recent Channel 9 and ABC efforts and get the spelling of it right!

Fox Footy held its 2018 season launch in Melbourne tonight (also celebrating the upcoming merger between Fox Sports and Foxtel). Five new shows were announced at the event: Apart from Bob mentioned above, there will be On the Mark (similar to League Life on Fox League) and quiz/entertainment show The Beep Test on Wednesday nights, The Weekend Lowdown on Thursdays (Wednesdays if there is a Thursday night match), and Saturday night review show Saturday Stretch. The channel also revealed personnel changes for 2018, with Sarah Jones hosting Thursday Night Footy and Super Saturday, replacing Sandy Roberts who hosted Saturday coverage last year; while Eddie McGuire will continue to host Friday Night Footy. Sarah Jones and Kelli Underwood will host Sunday Footy on Fox.

1 Like

Fox Footy has introduced a new scoreboard for this season. Prefer the old one.

7 Likes

It looks alright to me.

4 Likes

Just seen it in the Port Adelaide v Fremantle match telecast on Channel Seven. Completely agree with you, looks shit compared to the old graphics package for Fox but these new graphics do take up less of the screen I believe. It easily beats Seven’s updated AFL graphics though…

It does match Fox’s new NRL graphics package though.

I understand Fox Sports wants to have the same style of graphics across the domestic sports it has the rights to, but for Fox Footy to adapt the new graphics it is actually a backward step.

1 Like

Looks terrible. Glad I don’t pay for that, Seven"s way ahead in graphics.

3 Likes

Agreed, terrible scoreboard. Just watching in highlights packages it looks shit compared to Seven and previous Fox packages.

6 Likes

Seven may be “way ahead” in graphics but they still show ads after every goal. Given ad free or dodgy graphics, I prefer the ad free every time!

1 Like

Agreed, but unfortunately Seven have to show ads after almost every goal, one of the rules of being a commercial TV station.

2 Likes

If you’ve got money to pay for that privilege then sure.

1 Like

Fox Footy graphics look terrible as does their reworked theme song. This is a huge step down from their 2017 look which was perfect in my opinion. I’d expect them to change back or at least amend this look in coming rounds.

2 Likes

Seven’s graphics haven’t been good in a long time. Their whole sports package needs an update.