Fox Footy

1 Like

Best on Ground

NEW SATURDAY NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT SHOW ON FOX FOOTY

HOSTED BY MARK HOWARD AND FEATURING JONATHAN BROWN, NATHAN BUCKLEY, KATH LOUGHNAN & NICK RIEWOLDT

SATURDAY AFTER THE FOOTY

Fox Footy’s new entertainment show Best On Ground begins this Saturday night and will bring fans the biggest stories of the day, light-hearted analysis and of course fun for the whole family.

Host Mark Howard will be joined on the shiny new set by the game’s biggest names, three-time premiership Lion Jonathan Brown , newest recruit and former Pies champion and coach Nathan Buckley , the energetic Kath Loughnan and Saint legend Nick Riewoldt .

Fans will see the popular footy personalities in a way that they’ve never been seen before with weekly sketch comedy – kicking off with Nathan Buckley trying his hand at acting.

Best On Ground will be filmed live in front of a studio audience straight after the last Saturday game each week and will keep the weekend party vibes going with an in-house band on set, fronted by ex-Melbourne Demons superstar, Russell Robertson .

“It’s good fun and a good way to wrap up a Saturday. I’m thinking about doing a couple of songs, I might have a few numbers up my sleeve,” said Brown.

Best On Ground begins this Saturday after Collingwood take on Geelong, live on Fox Footy – channel 504 on Foxtel and Kayo.

Fans can be part of the laughs in the live studio audience by emailing audience@foxsports.com.au.

1 Like

Judging on the promo vision, I couldn’t go back to coaching if I were Bucks…:flushed:

Fox Footy will broadcast the 2022 W Awards live next Tuesday (April 5) from 7pm AEST, ahead of the grand final next Saturday. The awards ceremony will cover the Rising Star, Mark and Goal of the Year, the All-Australian Team, and the AFLW best and fairest award.

1 Like

Why are there two AFL games on tonight?

1 Like

Presumably to give clear air to the AFLW preliminary finals tomorrow afternoon

3 Likes

The AFLW grand final was originally scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) when the fixture was announced last December, but had been pushed back by one week.

5 Likes

Thanks for the explanation there, I noticed it too and was wondering if it was something new being trialed or for some COVID reason. Sounds like more of a one off thing then which I think is better.

1 Like

It could happen again next year, as the AFLW competition expands to all 18 teams and the fixture gets longer.

1 Like

Also happening in round 8 to provide one less match on the Sunday (Mothers Day).

1 Like

And on the easter weekend given the first game can be at 4pm

1 Like

There’s talk of starting the next AFLW season in August and ending in December this year.

1 Like

I don’t think they are expanding the amount of games yet sadly.

They won’t overlap.

For some reason the lower-right live score of the other game graphic only shows up on the SD and HD channels, not on the 4K channels.

2 Likes

According to today’s Herald Sun, it will be held at Crown Palladium and hosted by Sarah Jones and Brihony Dawson.

1 Like

I’d be happy with this.

I would not. It doesn’t affect me as I have Kayo but still.

1 Like

For those who don’t subscribe, what’s the general gist of the story?

Great reasoning there.

1 Like