Fox Footy

Only possible outcome.

2 Likes

During 3AW pre-match broadcast of St Kilda v Collingwood this evening, Herald Sun chief AFL writer Mark Robinson launched a passionate defence of Tom Morris, saying he was a “27-28 year old man who made a stupid mistake” but believed he should not have been sacked.
Robinson said if he was running Fox Footy, he would order Morris to stand down for the rest of this year and get his private life in order.

Good. Absolutely disgusting comments made by him.

The level of entitlement is an understatement listening to his drunken conversation and behaviour.

4 Likes

Maybe if he hadn’t made the derogatory remark about a colleague.
The other video is indefensible but - you could stand down and complete sensitivity training etc maybe.
But this was a specific comment made about a co-worker where he exhibited the worst ‘blokish’ tropes. I can’t see how that can possibly come back to a harmonious work environment.

8 Likes

I cant see how he would have kept his job with either video, to be honest - You’d think someone working in media would know better than to share his shit opinions via voice memo in a lads group chat.

3 Likes

Michael Vaughan appeared on Fox Footy last night to talk about Shane Warne.

3 Likes

Fox Sports sacked Morris on Friday over sexist remarks he made about a female colleague as well as separate homophobic and racist slurs, which were widely circulated on Thursday.

Confirming late on Friday that Morris “will not return to employment” at the network, Fox Sports executive director Steve Crawley said: “Our culture at Fox Sports is based on a respectful, inclusive environment and a fair go for all.

“While Tom’s journalism has made a valuable contribution to Fox Sports over the last seven years, the message we became aware of yesterday crossed the line. It was unacceptable.

“We have the best in the business working at Fox Sports. We love what we do, and we have a reputation as a great place to work. The bottom line is we are committed to a work environment where everyone can come to work in the knowledge they are safe, respected and valued. We have zero tolerance for anything less than that.”

2 Likes

Don’t like it running the whole time. Turning into a video game. As an analysis tool then yeah! Or as an alternate stream on Kayo, but on the actual broadcast, I don’t like it.

5 Likes

One of the FX mics at the Giants/Swans game keeps picking up discussions in the crowd - someone was apologising for needing to get into her seat earlier

5 Likes

How long after a game is completed does Fox upload it to stream in full?

Ok someone explain why Tony Armstrong is on FoxFooty?

He has been on the channel for a while on Saturday nights

2 Likes

Megan Barnard posted on her Instagram this afternoon after Tom Morris’s sacking

9 Likes

They’re not taking the Seven quarter-time now, doing their own.

1 Like

They haven’t for any game this season.

1 Like

I only watched a Seven game on Kayo for the first time this season last night.

The lower-right live score of the other game graphic in the new style

2 Likes

Beat me to it:

2 Likes

But yours is definitely better than my dodgy phone camera photo!

2 Likes