Fox Footy

New program The Greatest starts tonight at 8.30pm AEST and will air every Wednesday (when there is no Thursday night match). Hosted by comedians Tegan Higginbotham and Matt Tilley, it looks back on some of the memorable, controversial and extraordinary moments in AFL history.

1 Like

I dare Eddie to call the Showdown, it may be the only time where he hears an Eddie chant that isn’t sarcastically mocking him in Adelaide!

1 Like

The very versatile Brenton Speed is now calling the footy! Calling the North v GWS game in Hobart.

It looks like he called Ricky Ponting ‘The Pont’. Copping a bit on Twitter because of that!

2 Likes

Looks like a thriller too!

Just finished listening to the marathon at the MCG, where Richmond & West Coast played in a storm :zap::droplet:

MKR promo seen during Fox Footy live telecast today.

5 Likes

Is it just me, or the score graphics on top of the screen are one size bigger than last week?

2 Likes

Yes the score graphics are a bit bigger than last week.

2 Likes

Yes, it was quite distracting at first. Wonder why they changed, the previous set up was fine…

1 Like

Also on the Fox score graphics, it would be nice if the little team flags matched the jumper designs teams were wearing on the day, e.g. when Freo are in white, inverse the colours on the flag too.

1 Like

At the end of the China game simulcast (Gold Coast vs. Port Adelaide) they ended abruptly on 6pm (as it’s Seven News).

However they had the Fox Footy / Fox Sports production ender with " […] Fox Footy production" audio.

Yet it’s actually a Seven Sport production :thinking:

1 Like

I think “This has been a Fox Footy presentation” would have been better.

3 Likes

Perhaps it was a mistake?

They use to have that version (i.e.) “presentation”.

When specially made versions from Ten at least were made (2007-2011) when they were repeated on Fox Sports later at night.

1 Like

Fox Footy has apologised after complaints were made on former player and coach Danny Frawley’s mock commentary and racist insults on Sunday’s Shanghai match, during an episode of Bounce.

3 Likes

The show needs to be axed. Racism aside, it’s just unfunny, puerile rubbish. Get Sandy Roberts to host a serious post-round wrap-up where they show 2-3 mins highlights of each game, then go through the ladder, leading goalkickers, goals and marks of the week, injuries and reports etc…

1 Like

Fox Footy used to have a post-round wrap called The Winners which followed exactly this format.

1 Like

Still has a lot of fans though especially on Reddit. I must admit I enjoy the show except for the ‘childish’ things that sometimes occur.

Was that the show with Derm and Eddie?

Fox Footy will also show the Lou Richards state funeral at 11 AM.

1 Like

A pop-up (‘out of the ground’) style promo for House Rules seen coming out of the break at 3 QTR time oj Fox Footy…

Not flash :confused:

I doubt other networks would be happy seeing that, a free run for Seven, makes it appear perhaps that Foxtel are taking favourites!

Herald Sun reports Sarah Jones will host Fox Footy’s coverage of Friday Night Football for the first time, when Melbourne takes on Sydney at the MCG this week. Jones will fill in for Eddie McGuire who is overseas, and says doing a Friday night game is a “real career highlight”.

1 Like

Doesn’t Sandy Roberts normally fill in on Friday Night Football when Eddie McGuire is absent?