Fox Footy

According to today’s Herald Sun, former Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn defender Brian Lake and former St Kilda and North Melbourne midfielder Nick Dal Santo will become boundary reporters while Paul Roos rejoins the channel after ending his stint as Melbourne coach.
Retired Fremantle captain Matthew Pavlich has joined Fox Footy as a commentator. He commences with coverage of the JLT Community Series which begins on February 16.

1 Like

He will probably be Perth based.

1 Like

Current AFL stars will provide special comments for AFLW match telecasts on Fox Footy, similar to Seven (Brownlow medallist Patrick Dangerfield appeared on its telecast of the season opener last night). West Coast signing Drew Petrie, Brisbane’s Tom Rockliff (Brisbane Lions) and Crows duo Sam Jacobs and Josh Jenkins will be commentators on Fox Footy.

1 Like

Jenkins appears to be their Adelaide man for the Fox channels recently, he’s done sideline work at 36er games in the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

Herald Sun reports the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra has re-recorded the channel’s theme song, which will be played on its broadcast of Thursday and Friday night matches this year.

2 Likes

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has withdrawn from his regular Monday night spot on AFL 360. He will be replaced by St Kilda mentor Alan Richardson. Geelong coach Chris Scott will continue to appear on Monday nights with co-hosts Gerard Whateley and Mark Robinson.

1 Like

This is the new Fox Footy theme as played by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
The theme sounds mostly the same as last year except now there’s a whole orchestra playing it

2 Likes

I think Fox Footy should unveil its new graphics for the start of 2017 AFL Season. Why not put the graphics down the bottom of the screen? At least it will be better to see it down rather than up.

[quote=“Shoudychen, post:70, topic:601, full:true”]
I think Fox Footy should unveil its new graphics for the start of 2017 AFL Season. Why not put the graphics down the bottom of the screen? At least it will be better to see it down rather than up.
[/quote]I agree. I’d rather the scoreboard graphics be placed at the bottom to be honest. I’ve always found it rather annoying up top.

They just updated their graphics last year but I do think putting it on the bottom left is a good idea.

In the mid to late 2000s the scoreboard graphics were across the bottom of the screen.

Mmm I must be the only one who doesn’t care if the scoreboard graphics are at the top or bottom of the screen, as long as I can see which teams playing & who’s winning & losing!

2 Likes

Just saw a Fox Footy promo on Ch 10.

Lots of outdoor advertising as well.

As well as online.

Posting this here because the opening round game between Gold Coast and Brisbane is a Fox game, but the start time for this match is now going to be 8PM AEDT (7PM AEST), largely due to the Women’s GF being more than likely being played in Brisbane (outside chance of Gold Coast, slim chance of Adelaide if results fall that way).

1 Like

A shake up of AFL 360 is needed. Gerard and Robbo needs to go. Show isn’t going anywhere with these two. Replace them with Mike and Huddo and more people will watch.

Disagree, this show has won many AFL media awards and ratings are still good from all reports. No need for change (yet).

3 Likes

New two-part AFLW panel show Women’s Footy on Fox debuted tonight, hosted by Neroli Meadows and Kelli Underwood. If you missed it, it will be replaced at other times tomorrow and Friday. In episode 1, Carlton captain Lauren Arnell is special guest and the team will cross to Adelaide Crows’ midfielder Ebony Marinoff ahead of their final match against Collingwood. Episode 2 is next Wednesday night at 8.30pm AEDT.

1 Like

AFL 360 is back. New set, still same graphics though :pensive: was really hoping the AFL would get similar graphics to FOX League.

Has anyone over the past 5 years noticed that Huddo seems to get given a lot of the ‘lesser’ games (GWS, Gold Coast, Fremantle, etc)?

He called multiple Grand Finals for Ch 10 and has been around since the early 90s.

But still Foxtel favour Dwayne Russell, Eddie McGuire & Sandy Roberts? Two of which NEVER called any GF for any network!

It’s such a shame he never went to Seven, could have been calling aloneside Bruce right now :frowning:

1 Like

I believe the commentary roster centres around what states games are played in.

E.g. Eddie McGuire rarely leaves Victoria so will usually call the Saturday twilight or Sunday early game at MCG or Etihad. Dermott Brereton loves going to Queensland, so he gets a lot of Suns/Lions home games.

1 Like