Fox Footy

A few media types have headed over to Perth, he’s one of them and Damian Barrett is another.

1 Like

good move. Would be good to have as many media over there as possible so we don’t have a grand final coverage from the studio…

Do we know who from Seven are going over or could they use Basil Zempilas and Mark Readings/Mark Soderstrom for the coverage?

They would be crazy not to utilise Basil. He would probably be a venue host at Optus I would imagine.

Given the pre GF bye they might fly some over then.

Has the pre grand final bye been confirmed? I don’t think it has

1 Like

Announcement today

1 Like

I think it’s a bit rich of Eddie trying to get his sons approved to over to WA with him. I think if he went with the Fox Footy contingent on his own it might have been approved.

3 Likes

Fox footy takes the 7?coverage on gf day
So there is no need for fox footy staff to come to the Gf in Perth.
Do what they have done the last 2 years
Broadcast From Melbourne

Sam Edmund reporting the longest kick is back on GF day. It will be at Marvel Stadium pre recorded

It will be at Marvel Stadium pre recorded

Surely roof open?

Mark Robinson had open heart surgery confirmed by Mike Sheahan last night.

1 Like

A new 8-part documentary on the history of Essendon Football Club, The Bombers: Stories of a Great Club, will debut on Fox Footy and Kayo on Tuesday, October 19, at 7.30pm AEDT, ahead of the club’s 150th anniversary next year. Two episodes will air each Tuesday night.

1 Like

Fox Footy stars battle it out to be crowned Longest Kick '21

Hosted by Jason Dunstall and Andrew Gaze

Teams captained by Eddie Betts and Jack Riewoldt

Part of a bumper grand final day from 2pm

What do you get when you bring together 21 premierships, 6,307 career goals and one turf-toe? FOX FOOTY’S Longest Kick ’21 delivered by KFC , of course.

Before the grand final next Saturday 25th September on FOX FOOTY, current and former AFL superstars will go head-to-head in arguably one of the top competition highlights of their careers – the title of FOX FOOTY’S Longest Kick .

Leading up to that one day in September, twelve big personalities ventured to Marvel Stadium draped in loud gameday threads and ready to represent two teams captained by AFL star Eddie Betts and three-time premiership champion Jack Riewoldt .

Hosted by Bounce’s Jason Dunstall and Andrew Gaze , the event was always bound to be boisterous. “ Is it so hard to kick long?! Seriously, how difficult can it be? It’s embarrassing to watch some of them! Thankfully a couple were passable, but I tell you what, some of them would struggle to get a kick in the little league…” , said a fired-up Dunstall following the practice kicks.

Tensions were high with towering forwards Nick Riewoldt and Jonathan Brown kicking off the competition and cheered (heckled) on by their teammates Jarryd Roughead, Jordan Lewis, Chloe Molloy, Ellie Blackburn, Cameron Mooney, Brad Johnson, Leigh Montagna and Nick Dal Santo .

Taking his job as Man On The Measure way too seriously, Hawthorn legend Ben Dixon pulled out all the stops and props to ensure every kick was accurately calculated. The challenge consisting of skill kicks, Dunstall’s loathed dribble kicks and (mostly) long kicks went down to the wire with a nail biter grand finale kick to seal the deal for one lucky team. However much to the dismay of their peers, only one big punter could take home the ugliest trophy in the world and be crowned FOX FOOTY’S Longest Kick 2021.

No animals were harmed during the filming of the FOX FOOTY’S Longest Kick , however a whopping four torn hamstring, one permanently damaged big toe nail and six bruised egos were tallied.

FOX FOOTY’S Longest Kick is part of a massive Grand Final Day on FOX FOOTY , with Saturday Countdown leading in to Lonest Kick and the very best gameday analysis before the first bounce, halftime dissection and post-match review.

Is the North Melbourne Grand Final Lunch being broadcast on Saturday (replacing GF Breakfast)

I think Fox Footy does their own pre-game / half-time / post-game shows (so there would be use for Eddie). They have no live access to the game at all; that’s exclusive to 7 (they get replays after 7 is done, of course).

I can’t remember what they did in 2020 but in 2019 (where they had an OB outside the MCG) they didn’t bother even programming against the game, just leaving a graphic of “see you at half-time / after the game”, with score updates. Obviously couldn’t do much of an OB in Brisbane in the middle of last year’s Melbourne stage-4 lockdown.

I notice that was different to what Fox League had been doing for the NRL grand final (I think they might have shown prelim finals in the lead-up to their replay?). Of course the lead-up to the NRL final is a bit different given there are still lower-grade games on in normal times, compared to the talk-fest currently required between the North Melbourne breakfast and the game in the AFL.

I have only watched the GF on FTA tv. Are they allowed to show vision from the match at half time etc showing highlights from the first half or is that even prohibited?

I think so, but it’s not the clean feed they usually have, it’s just a recording of the 7 coverage. Once the final siren goes, they can show the match from the next :30 or :00.

They’ve done that each year since this current incarnation of Fox Footy when the game is played they have a live shot of the set which for the first few years was the studio but then when in Melbourne was the OB and where they’d done their longest kick competitions. Can’t remember last year but it might have been Melbourne again even though the game was in Brisbane and pre-recorded but I can’t remember enough. I’m sure there’s caps in here to go back to find them. They’ve certainly never shown any programming and if you tune in a few minutes before the breaks you can see them all getting ready and the makeup and preparation etc… of all the presenters. They’ve also often got a countdown timer running for how long until they’ll be back on air which is interesting when the quarters aren’t fixed length in the AFL like in other sports.

Then as soon as the game is done they can kick it off with a replay, so often not much discussion at the end because they can just go straight to the replay and start cashing in a bit there with all those who missed it the first time round in the afternoon.

1 Like