Fox Footy

It’s because the Bulldogs will rent a Virgin charter plane for their trip to the GC.

Fox Footy parties like it’s 1999 celebrating the Nineties for Retro Round

Baggy suits, plaid print and crimped hair will be all the rage next week, when FOX FOOTY on Foxtel celebrates the 1990s for Retro Round.

From Monday, glow sticks will be in hand as FOX FOOTY looks back on one of the greatest decades in footy history. When Gods, Kings, Chiefs, Pluggers and pigs roamed the forward line.

All of round 20 FOX FOOTY will relive the era that had everything – massive hangers, blokes kicking 100 goals a year and of course, mullets.

Hawthorn five-time premiership player and FOX FOOTY commentator Dermott Brereton has relished in the theme, donning a pair of skin-tight jeans, cowboy boots and a leather vest to replicate nineties heart throb Jon Bon Jovi . “I was part of it then and I’ll be part of it again. We all will,” Brereton said.

AFL legends and On The Couch experts Jonathan Brown and Nick Riewoldt are uncanny as Wayne and Garth from comedy classic Wayne’s World .

FOX FOOTY hosts Sarah Jones and Kath Loughnan dress as popular characters Carrie Bradshaw from S ex and the City and Jennifer Aniston from her Friends days.

Leigh Montagna fits in to his David Hasselhoff from Baywatch role a little too easily, while viewers can expect to a lot more all week including Jason Dunstall dressed as Ace Ventura for Bounce after the footy on Sunday.

“We just want to have a bit of fun during a tough time for all Australians right now. If my Hawaiian shirt and ducktail wig makes some kids laugh at home, ‘alllrighty then!’,” said

1 Like

No need to apologise. I was enjoying the pure sounds of the game!

Commentary was lost for about 3 minutes.

6 Likes

According to today’s Herald Sun, the loss of commentary was caused by a spilt bottle of Coca-Cola by Anthony Hudson while calling the match. Technical staff worked overtime to fixed the electrical issues.

6 Likes

That’s amazing and hilarious. Feel sorry for the poor techs who would’ve had to rush the job.

2 Likes

Take out the 2 and 5pm games, you’ve still got a genuine triple-header.

Which will be the two games on 503.

In addition to his News Breakfast role, Tony Armstrong will begin to make ‘regular’ appearances on Fox Footy programs. His first appearance will be on Saturday Stretch this weekend:

3 Likes

Gerard Healy on On The Couch this week talking about Friday’s match:

“You’ll see it here live and free [small pause] of ads on Fox Footy.”

6 Likes

The AFL announced this afternoon that this year’s Hall of Fame will be held as a TV event on Tuesday, August 24, broadcast live on Fox Footy at 8.30pm AEST. The league is still hopeful of holding a separate function to honour both the 2020 and 2021 inductees at a later date.

1 Like

Shocking scheduling up about the Opening Ceremony of Tokyo Paralympics

1 Like

I’m sure they thought of that. Let’s be honest, as much as we’d like both to be box office, ratings bonanzas, there will be little dilution between the two. Either way, neither will rate massively.

2 Likes

Paralympic Opening Ceremony will rate the roofs off

1 Like

I don’t know.

The Paralympics flopped in 2016 from memory didn’t they? People get back into their usual sporting routines post Olympics - but it will be interesting to see if Covid changes that.

2 Likes

Fox Footy will show an omni awards night next Thursday, August 26, with the announcement of the 2021 All-Australian Team, as well the winners of AFL Coaches Association Awards, the NAB Rising Star Award, and the Coleman Medal for leading goalkicker of the home and away season.

1 Like

Feel the Finals on Fox Footy

ADDITIONAL NIGHT OF AFL 360 – THURSDAYS THROUGH FINALS
JACK RIEWOLDT TO CO-HOST THURSDAY NIGHT AFL 360
EDDIE BETTS AND RIEWOLDT SPEARHEAD GAME DAY COMMENTARY
INSIGHTFUL ANALYSIS FROM FOX FOOTY’S EXPERT TEAM

The 2021 Toyota AFL Finals Series is upon us and FOX FOOTY will take fans so close to the games, they’ll be able to feel it.

It all begins with a finals edition of AFL 360 every Thursday night throughout the whole series. Three-time premiership Tigers star, Jack Riewoldt will co-host with Gerard Whateley to discuss the latest team selection news and look ahead to each final with expert analysts David King, Leigh Montagna and special guests.

“This is as close a year as it’s ever been really,’’ Riewoldt said.

“There’s form lines all over the joint for sides to mount their case, anyone can really win it.

“Inside the top four Melbourne and Port Adelaide are the two sides who have got a good a run at it. I think Sydney are a good shot from outside the eight. They remind a little bit of the 2017 premiership side we had with the young kids in there playing their role.

Come Friday night, the finals kick-off with a blockbuster when two takes on three. Garry Lyon, Jonathan Brown and Nick Riewoldt will set-up the weekend of footy which begins with the qualifying final between Port Adelaide and Geelong live from Adelaide Oval.

From 2pm on Saturday, fans won’t miss a beat with the best commentary team in the AFL – in addition to the above, the FOX FOOTY finals team includes FOX FOOTY’S Jason Dunstall, Dermott Brereton, Eddie McGuire, Jordan Lewis, Sarah Jones, Kelli Underwood,Kath Loughnan, Brad Johnson, Alastair Lynch, Matthew Pavlich, Mark Ricciuto, Nick Dal Santo, Gerard Healy, Cameron Mooney, and fan-favourite - retired footy great Eddie Betts.

“I haven’t really played that many finals but looking forward to seeing who wins knowing there’s different teams in there now,’’ Betts said.

“It’s exciting to see who wins it and where it’s played. After 17 years of playing it’s a new chapter for myself.”

FOX FOOTY has something for every footy fan during a monster finals series, including AFL 360, On The Couch, Open Mike, The First Crack and family favourite Bounce.

Where’s Garry Lyon disappeared to during the finals this year?