Fox Footy

At least Seven didn’t decide to sign him up after all. Must’ve figured they already had too many average commentators as it is. :yum:

I think Brayshaw is a slightly better caller than Dwayne Russell.

1 Like

Will he still be on Ch 9? The Footy Show host?

Similar to Eddie McGuire on Ch 9 / Fox.

Properly.

8 days out from their last big live event of the year, the National Draft which this year is from Sydney. Let’s just hope that this year their panel shuts up (which is one of their big problems throughout their coverage) and doesn’t speak over the picks too often without viewers having to change channels or hit extra buttons.

1 Like

Fox Footy will once again show every match of next year’s AFL pre-season competition, now called JLT Community Series after its new sponsor JLT Sport, an insurance broker and an AFL partner. Given most matches will be played at suburban venues, I expect they will be commentated from the Melbourne studio like last year. The full fixture can be found here

2 Likes

I’d say the games at Docklands will be done on site, no?

1 Like

I am sure matches played at Etihad Stadium, Subiaco and Manuka Oval will be hosted on site.

1 Like

I wonder why that matches at suburban venues are done from the Melbourne studio? Aren’t there enough broadcast booths for FOX to do commentary on site?

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:48, topic:601, full:true”]
I am sure matches played at Etihad Stadium, Subiaco and Manuka Oval will be hosted on site.[/quote]I wonder whether the match at UTas Stadium (formerly Aurora) will be hosted on-site?

1 Like

Some of these venues are very small and can’t fit the hosting set in the building.

1 Like

From what I can gather Whitten Oval and Princes Park have enough room to house the commentary teams, but temp facilities would be needed for Arden Street. Would also suspect the game at Blacktown and at Carrara would definitely have an on site presence and perhaps the Adelaide based games (although Noarlunga is almost another world away).

1 Like

Herald Sun reports Kelli Underwood will commentate several AFL Women’s matches next year, marking her return to AFL TV commentary. Neroli Meadows will host Fox Footy’s telecast.

1 Like

NEW AFL WOMEN’S LEAGUE COMES TO LIFE ON FOX FOOTY

ONLY PLACE ON TV TO SEE ALL 28 HOME-AND-AWAY MATCHES LIVE, AD-BREAK FREE SIREN-TO-SIREN AND IN HD

KELLI UNDERWOOD AND NEROLI MEADOWS TO LEAD COMMENTARY

55 PRE SEASON MATCHES ACROSS FEBRUARY AND MARCH

The inaugural NAB AFL Women’s League explodes into action next year and FOX FOOTY, exclusively on Foxtel, will be the only place to see every home-and-away match LIVE on TV.

The eight-team competition will see 28-matches staged over seven weeks, and across seven states, with Collingwood and Carlton kicking off the action on February 3, 2017, at Olympic Park Oval, Melbourne.

Spearheading FOX FOOTY’s coverage will be renowned sports presenter, Kelli Underwood, who will call the matches with FOX SPORTS’ Neroli Meadows in the hosting chair. The two will be joined by fellow FOX FOOTY commentators including Adam Papalia and Tanya Armstrong, with more names to be announced in the coming months.

The women’s league will coincide with the annual pre-season men’s AFL competition, the 2017 JLT Community Series, which will run from February 16 to March 12, 2017, LIVE on FOX FOOTY.

Fans will be treated to unprecedented pre-season coverage, with FOX FOOTY delivering 55 matches across February and March – its biggest offering ever.

Fox Footy General Manager, Michael Neill, said: “This is a landmark moment for women’s football. FOX FOOTY will bring the new league to life by beaming every home-and-away match live to fans across the country. We are proud to be partnering with the AFL on providing a platform to showcase these amazing athletes, and to give women’s sport the coverage it deserves.

“FOX FOOTY is truly the home of the AFL, and the only place on TV to see every home and away match of both pre-season competitions plus every game, of every round, of the 2017 Toyota AFL Premiership season live.

“Across February and March, fans will receive more live action than ever before with 55 pre-season men’s and women’s matches. It’s going to be a massive year, and we can’t wait to get cracking.”

Foxtel’s Managing Director of Content Aggregation and Wholesale Deanne Weir said: “Foxtel is delighted to be delivering the inaugural AFL Women’s League into our subscriber’s homes on FOX FOOTY. Women’s sport is finally being given the recognition it deserves and AFL is the perfect game to showcase the skills and athleticism of these footballers.”

1 Like

Be interested to see if Kelli Underwood would call any regular matches for FOX too. That would address the need for a caller for the weeks when FOX has 4 Saturday games.

Hopefully she does, she was better than what most people gave her credit for on Channel Ten.

3 Likes

Kelli should be co-hosting AFL 360 with Gerard.

Gave her a go when she was on 10 despite the criticism from fans around Australia.

Yeah, it was a real shame that Ten had to cave into public pressure over Kelli calling games for them. She was superior to some of the other so-called “commentors” still calling.

Great article by Ch 7 & 3AW’s Sam McClure in The Age.

RE: Kelli Underwood comeback after 7 years, when she last called an AFL game on Network Ten:

1 Like