Fox Footy

10 and 9 had free to air rights during the first incarnation of Fox Footy (2002-06)

3 Likes

And Fox Footy Channel didn’t have rights to simulcast the Nine & Ten network games all over Australia.

3 Likes

Exactly. I figured Luke had that bit figured out, so didn’t bother with it.

1 Like

New Friday Night Footy on Fox set tonight. Was featured at the start and being used for the Fox Footy Lab

5 Likes

He really is a total boofhead.

He apologized later.

https://twitter.com/rhettrospective/status/1111570962640588800?s=19

Even if not intended (obviously, would be sacked immediately if otherwise), the guy clearly doesn’t use his head!? Wow

7 Likes

Seriously, who the F does he think he is to call someone like that?

Even the Seven commentators wouldn’t use such foul language.

what will his excuse be this time - he’s already used tiredness

At least it’s not as bad as the racism gaffe.

3 Likes

Eddie McGuire should be given a 1 Round suspension from Fox Footy a repeat offender.

I take he’s following in Sam Newman’s footsteps with his disgusting comments…

What a massive bonehead.

McGuire has stepped aside from commentary duties for today’s Essendon v St Kilda game at Marvel.

Dwayne russell called the Essendon v St Kilda match today.

He always was.
Fox had a 5 person team for that game before Ed removed himself.

4 Likes

Fox Footy will show the 2019 W Awards live from Melbourne Docklands at 8.30pm AEDT tonight, awarding some of the top players in AFLW this season, including AFLW best and fairest, mark of the year, goal of the year and NAB Rising Star. The 2019 All-Australian Team will also be revealed. It’s the second time the W Awards are shown on TV.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Fox showed the W Awards last year too

2 Likes

They did.

1 Like

The W Awards will also be streamed live for free at the AFLW website from 8.30pm AEDT.

1 Like

this i beyond a joke. they advertise that the awards start at 8:30 however 90% of the awards have been presented and announced before it ‘begins’…

1 Like

It takes a long time to reveal every member of the All-Australian Team, that’s why it is presented before the actual telecast.