Fox Cricket

They used this even last week iirc, I think this new thing is replacing that

2 Likes

Dan Ginnane’s approach to commentary really highlights they called that game remotely. A lot of Fox’s commentators try and keep the illusion that they’re at the ground alive, but today’s commentary dropped any effort

3 Likes

4 of the last 6 games (including tonight)have seen fox calling from the ground.

2 Likes

Well Fox has called most Sydney games at the ground & also called most of their exclusive games at the grounds too. So not surprising

Jim Callinan boundary reporter tonight

1 Like

Fox have their own commentary team with 7 graphics, looks like after last years women’s ashes they decided to have their own commentator rather than taking the 7 broadcast.

Fox is calling from the studio

3 Likes
2 Likes

What I don’t get is why they don’t have their own graphics if they are doing their own commentary.

Especially when it’s something like this where the graphics say there is a player on the mic but Fox broadcast doesn’t get that because that’s for 7 & world feed

4 Likes

You’d think Fox would have nailed down the spelling of Cricket by now

10 Likes

Had to let the proof-reader go after the last rights round.

3 Likes

Make that 5 of the last 7 games Fox have been at the ground.

1 Like

Looks like Fox is at most Melbourne & Sydney grounds. As 5 of the last 7 games have been in Sydney or Melbourne

1 Like

Fox calling todays game in Coffs Harbour from their studio (in Sydney?). Now Fox 5 of last 8 at the the ground

7 are at the ground tho. They have been at the ground 3 of last 5 now

1 Like

Probably got in trouble for that.

The commentators must hate trying to keep this ridiculous illusion going.

3 Likes

This is interesting, the Fox broadcast had Tim Paine playing for Pakistan

But on 7’s broadcast they had the correct picture.

I wonder what happened since it’s 7’s graphics but they had it correct but Fox version was wrong

5 Likes

And it’d be the “Fox version” that’d would’ve been going out to the world feed, judging by the fact that it had a Cricket Australia attribution rather than the Seven socials. Strange. :grimacing:

Yeah. It’s hard to figure out that might have happened without a knowledge of back end stuff in TV. Perhaps something wrong in a data feed somewhere,

1 Like

The world feed is the 7 feed (since they are hosts) but Fox uses the world feed + some of their own cameras when 7’s world feed shows commentary booth or boundary interviews etc.

So I wonder what the world feed showed with this graphic, the 7 version or Fox version

Sky NZ showed the Fox version (with Tim Paine) with the 7 commentary overlaid.

4 Likes

So it was definitely World feed issue then. Very confusing.

Also Fox in trouble with PCB?

3 Likes