Fox Cricket

Did anyone catch David Warner’s debut on the BBL coverage tonight? I didn’t but have seen a negative reaction from the audience since the announcement that he was joining Fox Cricket.

2 Likes

I did, I just found his commentary very flat lacking any enthusiasm, almost like he couldn’t be bothered, maybe he will improve as time goes on, we’ll see I guess.

1 Like

He treats it like most intirnationationals treat the BBL. Get the pay cheque then move onto the next league playing with no heart.

3 Likes

Any news on if Fox will do it’s own commentary & graphics for the WODI’s & T20’s like the Ashes last year or will they just take the 7 feed with their graphics & commentary team like the previous years?

Seven feed, with maybe studio pre-post game.

1 Like

Isa Guha hinted that Alyssa Healy would be part of their commentary for the ODI’s starting Monday during the BBL tonight.

2 Likes

Before the Ashes, Fox always had their own studio pre, innings break & post show. So maybe that’s what she is talking about? OR after having their own broadcast of the Women’s ashes, they decided to have their own for other women’s matches as well

Does anyone know if Fox still have the rights to the ILT20 league in the UAE starting tomorrow It was in the guide at the start of the week but has disappeared over the last two days it doesn’t seem to be on The Kayo listings or Fox Sports channels

1 Like

Not sure at all. Not broadcast in the Uk on either Sky or BT

Is this new?

3 Likes

Fox Cricket and Kayo will show the women’s 50-over match between Governor-General’s XI and Pakistan, live from Brisbane’s Allan Border Field, tomorrow (Friday) at 11am AEDT, ahead of the first Australia-Pakistan ODI at the same venue on Monday.

Entry to Friday’s game is free.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Mid way through the 11th over, in the BBL game, Kayo has gone to adverts.

So far 7 adverts in row! (Up to 10 now)

Ffs. This is just rubbish!

5 Likes

Its usually a good indication that they’ve had some kind of technical issue - must be SOP at Fox.

3 Likes

For some reason I can’t seem to find the U19 Women’s World Cup on Kayo

1 Like

It was meant to be on last night then at the last minute suddenly disappeared.

3 Likes

I tried watching it and couldn’t find it

1 Like

Only the finals on Fox/Kayo - remainder is on icc.tv

4 Likes

No disrespect to the NRL commentators doing the Big Bash games, but good god they’re exhausting to listen to.

3 Likes

A separate call-out for the power surge would be, at least this year; previously I think it was just mentioned under the batsmans scores (something like “Power Surge: Overs 15-16” or whatever).

Maybe it’s down to the slight oddity (by world standards) of Fox’s graphics not having an always-on powerplay “P” indicator, like Seven does? I could imagine it’d be confusing if one was used to the regular 6 overs all at the start, esp. if they were the world feed for that game.

1 Like