Fox Cricket

Can’t view it. What happened?

Fox posted an article yesterday with screenshots posted on social media that appeared to be insinuating Babar Adam was having an affair with a teammate’s partner. It seemed very tenuous the evidence.

2 Likes

There’s potentially a bit of a dangerous slope here - posts like this from the PCB come across that there could be an expectation of more favourable coverage of news relating to the team (and its players) by virtue of them holding broadcast deals.

The tenuous nature of the claims probably doesn’t do Fox any favours here either though. Although it wouldn’t be the first time that we’ve seen tenuous evidence and blanket denials of other similar cases only for it to be true (not suggesting that’s the case here)

Fox calling BBL from Melbourne tonight. Ironically both Gilly and Mr Cricket would have flown from Perth to do the call and the game is being played in Perth.

1 Like

I have noticed that, with 7 you know it’s from a studio since they show the commentators in front of their big screen and it’s obvious.

Fox calls from a booth made to look like the actual commentary booth at the ground

1 Like

I think you’ll find that Gilly and some of the other West Aussie’s base themselves in Melbourne during the BBL. Isa Guha usually stays in Sydney around this time of year and calls from that studio.

1 Like

Fox exclusive games tonight,

Game 1 in Adelaide but I think they are calling from studio

Yep listening to Warner’s commentary for the first time, far out…

Game 2 in Brisbane is also being called from Studio

Fox again in studio for Women’s ODI. Is there only 1 broadcast booth at North Sydney because that’s the only reason I can think of why Fox are not at the ground, since their studio is in Sydney

2 Likes

I believe that is correct, although the ABC are calling from close to the boundary (maybe in a portable)?

I haven’t watched Fox coverage in full but do they always say ‘Toyota Six’ after every 6?

2 Likes

Yes and it’s a chemist warehouse 4

2 Likes

Yeah they do. Price you pay for no ads during play I guess?

I think 7 with ads is better than hearing ‘Toyota 6’ & ‘chemist warehouse 4’, especially in a game with a lot of boundaries

5 Likes

This sums it up perfectly, just saw it Twitter!

6 Likes

They also have the Mac Donald’s svore card and the Burstons Auto Parts Manhattan.

1 Like

That’s how SEN’s AFL Nation sounds sometimes!

5 Likes

The difference here is that that is radio, while the TV broadcast could just have silent ads on the screen.

1 Like
10 Likes