Fox Cricket

Love this new promo just posted to the Fox Cricket Facebook page, showcasing some of the commentary team.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Agreed.

I’ve had a good look at the schedule and i think it will become my default channel (the channel i put on for background noise or when nothing else is on).

Used to be smooth but they screwed the pooch on that one merginng it with foxtel arts.

2 Likes

The same thing that happens with the AFL. The game that starts first will be on Fox Cricket and the other game might be on Fox Sports 3.

Has anyone seen the graphics yet for the scorebug or will it be that one in the add? I was hoping for something similar to the fox sports suite for league, footy, rugby etc

That caravan/trailer shot looks remarkably similar to Ten’s last BBL publicity shoot :thinking:

Possible Shows for Fox Cricket. PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE MY IDEAS ONLY.

CRICKET TONIGHT
Hosts: Neroli Meadows or other FSN Presenters
Timeslot: Every Weeknight at 5pm*
Following NRL Tonight and AFL Tonight, Cricket Tonight will look at the days latest Cricket news, feature interviews with cricketers and preview the nights or days cricket.
Feature at 5pm on Fox Cricket and Fox Sports News but could change time depending on matches.

TALKING CRICKET
Hosts: Kerry O’Keefe
Timeslot: Tuesdays either before or after Big Bash or other Cricket
Kerry O’Keefe will host a show looking at the lighter side of cricket while also looking at backyard heroes. A similar format to Bounce.

THE BBL SHOW
Hosts: Mark Howard, Adam Gilchrist, and Mel Jones
Timeslot: TBC
Hosted weekly, the BBL Show will preview or analyse all the Big Bash and Womens Big Bash News and Results.

INSIDE CRICKET
Hosts: Brendon Julian, Allan Border, Mark Waugh
Timeslot: Thursday Nights
Continue what Inside Cricket has done in previous seasons.

CRICKET 360
Hosts: Gerard Whatley and Robert Craddick
Timeslot: Every weeknight
Will follow the form of AFL 360 and NRL 360, annalysing different aspects of Cricket.

WOMENS CRICKET ON FOX
Hosts: Mel Jones, Ellyse Perry, Alyssa Healy, Isa Guha
Timeslot: Sunday Nights
A weekly show hosted by women to discuss womens cricket.

CRICKET LEGENDS
Hosts: Robert Craddick
Timeslot: Monday Nights
Pre Recorded interviews with some of Crickets legends.

STUMPS
Hosts: Rotating Hosts
Timeslot: After Play
Hosted after play from each Fox Cricket Broadcast, Stumps will review all the days Cricket action.

8 Likes

Very good show ideas.

Terrific ideas!

I can definitely see Cricket Tonight happening in the same way as the NRL and AFL editions.

Crash and Gerard Whateley hosted “Summer 360” a few years ago that covered all sports which was quite good - they’d be a great pairing for Cricket 360.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that Cricket Legends is coming back with Warnie and Beefy Botham two of the guests set to feature.

It would be good to see something like The Professor’s show on Fox League too, or at least a “Not The NRL News” style segment in one of the chat shows. I think The Beep Test that’s currently on Fox Footy would work really well for cricket as well.

Regardless, I too am eager to learn what shows come about!

1 Like

Foxtel cricket TV commercial

Video:

Story:

1 Like

Good ideas regarding possible new shows.
On days when there are doubleheaders (test match followed by the BBL), will Stumps be shown once or twice, between the test and the BBL, or just after the BBL concludes?

1 Like

you would need to do both i’d think. a test is so different to a BBL that you won’t always get the same audiance, and the talk of the test could be forgotten in amongst all the excitment of the BBL

1 Like

Mark Waugh and Andrew Symonds were on NRL 360 tonight for a bit of cross-promotion ahead of Fox Cricket’s launch next Monday.

Fox Cricket Signs Mitchell Johnson

Former Australian fast bowler joins Foxtel, the new home of cricket
Cricket like never before

Ahead of the launch of FOX CRICKET, Foxtel has today bolstered its commentary roster with the signing of former Australian fast bowler, Mitchell Johnson , leading into the biggest summer of cricket ever.

A dual ICC Cricketer of the Year winner in 2009 and 2014, Johnson will offer his insight and analysis in a team headlined by Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne and Isa Guha.

FOX CRICKET’s boom commentary line-up will also feature Mark Waugh, Andrew Symonds, Michael Hussey, Brett Lee, Allan Border, Mel Jones, Kerry O’Keeffe, Michael Vaughan, Brendon Julian, Jessica Yates and Mark Howard , with Ellyse Perry and Alyssa Healy also contributing, when they deliver revolutionary coverage across all forms of the game.

Johnson said he is looking forward to joining the team and having some fun across a huge Australian summer.

“Jumping behind the microphone after many years out on the field presents a new challenge for me and what better timing than with FOX SPORTS launching Australia’s first ever dedicated cricket channel.

“It’s a great commentary line up, with the new look coverage sports fans will be the real winners this summer and I’m really looking forward to having some fun along the way with a few of my old teammates.”

As the new home of cricket, all men’s Test Matches, One-Day and T20 Internationals plus every game of the Big Bash League will be shown LIVE, ad break free during play and in HD on FOX CRICKET. Women’s cricket will receive unprecedented coverage with Women’s Internationals and 23 WBBL games LIVE.

In addition, Foxtel’s dedicated 4K channel (channel 444), which begins in October, will bring cricket fans Foxtel in 4K just in time for the November 4, Australia v. South Africa ODI, bringing the sights of the game to fans like never before.

FOX SPORTS’ cricket coverage will include Australia’s Test and ODI Series against Pakistan beginning on October 7 from the UAE.

The JLT Sheffield Shield Final returns to TV and FOX Cricket will show 13 JLT One-Day Cup matches, the Prime Minister’s XI, the Governor-General’s XI as well as the annual Allan Border Medal and Belinda Clark Award.

FOX SPORTS is exclusively available on Foxtel.

1 Like

Watermarks on 506 showing Fox Cricket starting on Monday on Channel 501

Wonder when we find out how much it will cost to watch cricket using the cricket app.

soft launch of the cricket channel on monday…501
shit me the highlights…
get my capture card going…

Latest promo for Fox Cricket:

Bit disappointed with no coverage of the Cricket Asia Cup which started last night. Don’t think Fox Sports have ever covered it before (used to be on Setanta) but it should have been covered by a supposedly dedicated cricket channel.

4 Likes

Since a streaming service called YuppTV has non-exclusive rights, wonder why the TV rights haven’t been sold to anyone

No buyers :man_shrugging:t3: