Fox Cricket

Don’t really understand why they wouldn’t bother with it. I reckon a high amount of viewers who subscribed to Fox Sports for Cricket content would be Pan-Indians who have the service to follow their teams.

Probably the price of rights. Subcontinent known for price gouging on deals or locking in long term deals when you only want one thing.

2 Likes

According to Foxtel TV guide, Fox Cricket will officially launch at 5.55am AEST tomorrow (Monday) with a 15 minute special, followed by the final of Caribbean Premier League between Guyana Amazon Warriors and Trinbago Knight Riders. The rest of the channel’s 1st day is classic matches from Nine’s cricket archives.

and it’s begun. the watermark has changed, the promos are now fox cricket.

4 Likes

Yep, promos don’t look too bad.

I saw one ident during the sailing that was OK.

What else can they air for so many hours, but I do hope we see some prime time shows / panels commence before the Womens match after the Grand Final (which I take it they’re simulcasting? Or are Seven simulcasting Foxtel’s broadcast?)

Also, really old footage very doubtful.

But more modern footage Seven / Foxtel should be able to digitally remove Nine’s watermark and/or clean feeds with CA will be available.

Because looking at Seven’s AFL (and no doubt Fox Footy), for example, when they’ve shown footage from Ten’s telecasts 2007-2011, their watermark was missing/blank. But when they’ve shown footage from Ten’s telecasts from 2002-2006 a lot of the time their logo was still there and the quality poorer.

if your talking about the AFL grand final, they don’t show the match - my understanding is that it’s the only match they can not show live.

Instead they will have a pre-game build up, than a slide saying watch the game on FTA, than a half time show and show the slide again.

Not much to see but this was the midnight opening for Fox Cricket plus one station promo shown earlier.

4 Likes

It seems like Fox Cricket have gone to make their own identity by not taking on the rest of Fox Sports graphic set. It seems like the Broadcast graphics will be different as well.

2 Likes

From the intro package this morning plus the classic game that followed.

2 Likes

Oh dear, they’ve forgotten what exclusive means… :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Nah, they’re going straight from highlights to the women’s T20I. None of the panel shows etc the first two weeks, strikes me as lazy programming.

3 Likes

That’s incorrect, Seven is showing the match too.

It’s similar to Fox League did when it launched in that it had its own graphics package for a year before it rolled out on Fox Sports/Footy earlier this year.

It seems like what they’re doing is a soft launch whereby they’ll start to ramp things as we get closer to the beginning of the domestic international season in November

Great to see some old highlights for the rain breaks now. Cricket Legends can finally get a rest! As good as the series is, it’s bad when you can almost recite episodes!

6 Likes

Aaand just as I say that, on comes Cricket Legends! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Not quite sure what they’re going for with the graphics package. Slants last looked good around 2008.

1 Like