Fox Cricket

Through Kayo, alternate language feeds (such as Hindi and Afrikaans) are available for select matches for the World Cup.

Afrikaans at least using English video feed with Afrikaans commentary.

Hindi has it’s own graphics (see this post).

1 Like

How do you change the language?

Also, I’d love if for the AFL you could switch from TV to radio using a similar feature.

3 Likes

Just click the other stream in the live section:

2 Likes

Cool new element of the fielders tracker introduced in 2019.

Does anyone else feel bad for Mel Jones? She signed with Fox to call the main matches, but she’s seldom used for Men’s Internationals. She is obviously a good commentator, hence her being used on Sky Sports in the UK and a mainstay of recent years on ICC World Cup feeds (plus various other broadcasters such as on IPL matches). But at Fox she goes from one day calling the Men’s T20 World Cup to calling livestream WBBL off-tube.
Personally I feel Fox feel they have Isa Guha as their female Men’s commentator (like Alison Mitchell at Seven, although they don’t really have any other female ball-by-ball commentators), and thus kind of forget about Mel.
She is so under-utilised by Fox. I would much rather listen to her call than Mark Howard.

3 Likes

Totally agreed, very knowledgeable on the game and I would love it if she was part of the Test team for the Summer months to somewhat fill the void left by Warnie, I like Isa also and she works well with Mel on the Women’s coverage, why not pair them up on the Men’s coverage more.

The Howie and Kath show can stick to the BBL, please, for the love of god.

2 Likes

When the bowler bowls too many balls in an over to fit in the graphic, they abandon it and show how many runs this over:

Compared with normal:

2 Likes

Mel’s calling Sri Lanka Vs England on the ICC World Feed at the moment, absolute class.

2 Likes

My point exactly. Extremely undervalued by Fox (but valued enough to keep her under contract).

4 Likes

Isn’t she a freelancer? She’ll be part of Nine’s Ashes coverage next year.

1 Like

No she’s signed for Fox:

2 Likes

That’s not correct, as she was part of Nine’s coverage for the Ashes in 2019.

2 Likes

Yes I’m aware. My assumption is that that was a) a legacy contract from her Nine days or b) because the broadcast wasn’t competing with Fox.

1 Like

Which makes me think it’s either a freelance contract, or a 4mths contract. So when it’s not summer in Oz she is free to cover any sport.

Isn’t the World Cup different too, as it’s contacted through India and not fox.

It will be interesting to see what Nine do with the Ashes. Who they take over to England, last English Summer Mark Taylor did the Shane Warne game at Lords on Sky.

1 Like

Essentially yes.

1 Like

That would be pretty stock standard though. When not needed she’s free to work overseas. Most just-cricket commentators do this. Much like the players they can globe-trot and come back home during the summer.

1 Like
2 Likes

Full list of the commentators used on the English world-feed this World Cup:

Adam Gilchrist, Athar Ali Khan, Bazid Khan, Brian Murgatroyd, Carlos Brathwaite, Dale Steyn, Danny Morrison, Dirk Nannes, Eoin Morgan, Harsha Bhogle, Ian Bishop, Ian Smith, Isa Guha, Mark Howard, Mel Jones, Michael Atherton, Michael Clarke, Nasser Hussain, Natalie Germanos, Niall O’Brien, Pommie Mbangwa, Preston Mommsen, Ravi Shastri, Russell Arnold, Samuel Badree, Shane Watson, Shaun Pollock, Simon Doull, Sunil Gavaskar

2 Likes

Wow didn’t realise they were using THAT many commentators.

Makes some of Seven’s and Nine’s teams over the years look a bit puny!

1 Like

They rotate the duos through after 5ish overs, calling twice a game. Then the ball-by-ball of two rotations ahead is their “on-ground commentator” (basically sideline but also calls while they are on).

3 Likes