Fox Cricket

And it’s mainly talent, not players.

2 Likes

Watching Fox Cricket + now on Kayo.

1 Like

Announcement of the commentary lineup for the T20 World Cup.

2 Likes

Why do they need so many?

Seems like overkill. Although they do the IPL thing and have three teams per game.

Some good names here!

1 Like

Ooh, looking forward to hearing Ian Smith commentate!

3 Likes

Any news from Fox about who might be the international commentator for this years Test matches for South Africa & West Indies?

Given previous history, I think it’s most likely going to be a ‘play-by-play’ commentator

1 Like

Brian Lara for the Windies matches, Shaun Pollock and Hashim Amla for the South African tests.

2 Likes

Remember it is a world feed, not a Fox feed, so commentators are more likely to call their country of origin etc to familiarise the content for them.

5 Likes

Thought 7 might have Lara since they had him for BBL in the past

1 Like

Is this confirmed?

Yeah yeah I know, but still you don’t need so many.

Yes, it was confirmed in an earlier press release.

3 Likes

I thought Harsha Bhogle was exclusive to ABC radio in Australia.

2 Likes

The difference with Howie now having to actually put some effort/enthusiasm in for these broadcasts is really refreshing.
Also sideline/interviewing is where he really shines. Taken back to the old 10 AFL days.
He’s called a few of the West Indian wickets tonight while being crossed to, and it’s like being transported back to the old 10 days when you could really hear that he cared about the games. (not that he doesn’t but you haven’t been able to really hear it from most of the Fox crew in recent seasons)

4 Likes

This is radio compared with TV. He works with Fox too.

Disappointing to see no Mark Nicholas. Would have liked to hear his dulcet tones return to Nine airwaves. The former “voice of Australian cricket” (or heir to the title) was ghosted by Seven and Fox, despite his multi-sport and entertainment hosting abilities.

3 Likes

Agreed with this, I really don’t rate Howie in the Host/Play by Play role but when he’s being genuine when speaking to players in an interview or on the boundary, he’s at his best.

2 Likes

Isa Guha, Mark Howard, Adam Gilchrist and Brett Lee all a part of the world feed of NZ vs Aus at the SCG.

3 Likes