Fox Cricket

Foxtel cricket TV commercial

Video:

Story:

1 Like

Good ideas regarding possible new shows.
On days when there are doubleheaders (test match followed by the BBL), will Stumps be shown once or twice, between the test and the BBL, or just after the BBL concludes?

1 Like

you would need to do both i’d think. a test is so different to a BBL that you won’t always get the same audiance, and the talk of the test could be forgotten in amongst all the excitment of the BBL

1 Like

Mark Waugh and Andrew Symonds were on NRL 360 tonight for a bit of cross-promotion ahead of Fox Cricket’s launch next Monday.

Fox Cricket Signs Mitchell Johnson

Former Australian fast bowler joins Foxtel, the new home of cricket
Cricket like never before

Ahead of the launch of FOX CRICKET, Foxtel has today bolstered its commentary roster with the signing of former Australian fast bowler, Mitchell Johnson , leading into the biggest summer of cricket ever.

A dual ICC Cricketer of the Year winner in 2009 and 2014, Johnson will offer his insight and analysis in a team headlined by Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne and Isa Guha.

FOX CRICKET’s boom commentary line-up will also feature Mark Waugh, Andrew Symonds, Michael Hussey, Brett Lee, Allan Border, Mel Jones, Kerry O’Keeffe, Michael Vaughan, Brendon Julian, Jessica Yates and Mark Howard , with Ellyse Perry and Alyssa Healy also contributing, when they deliver revolutionary coverage across all forms of the game.

Johnson said he is looking forward to joining the team and having some fun across a huge Australian summer.

“Jumping behind the microphone after many years out on the field presents a new challenge for me and what better timing than with FOX SPORTS launching Australia’s first ever dedicated cricket channel.

“It’s a great commentary line up, with the new look coverage sports fans will be the real winners this summer and I’m really looking forward to having some fun along the way with a few of my old teammates.”

As the new home of cricket, all men’s Test Matches, One-Day and T20 Internationals plus every game of the Big Bash League will be shown LIVE, ad break free during play and in HD on FOX CRICKET. Women’s cricket will receive unprecedented coverage with Women’s Internationals and 23 WBBL games LIVE.

In addition, Foxtel’s dedicated 4K channel (channel 444), which begins in October, will bring cricket fans Foxtel in 4K just in time for the November 4, Australia v. South Africa ODI, bringing the sights of the game to fans like never before.

FOX SPORTS’ cricket coverage will include Australia’s Test and ODI Series against Pakistan beginning on October 7 from the UAE.

The JLT Sheffield Shield Final returns to TV and FOX Cricket will show 13 JLT One-Day Cup matches, the Prime Minister’s XI, the Governor-General’s XI as well as the annual Allan Border Medal and Belinda Clark Award.

FOX SPORTS is exclusively available on Foxtel.

1 Like

Watermarks on 506 showing Fox Cricket starting on Monday on Channel 501

Wonder when we find out how much it will cost to watch cricket using the cricket app.

soft launch of the cricket channel on monday…501
shit me the highlights…
get my capture card going…

Latest promo for Fox Cricket:

Bit disappointed with no coverage of the Cricket Asia Cup which started last night. Don’t think Fox Sports have ever covered it before (used to be on Setanta) but it should have been covered by a supposedly dedicated cricket channel.

4 Likes

Since a streaming service called YuppTV has non-exclusive rights, wonder why the TV rights haven’t been sold to anyone

No buyers :man_shrugging:t3:

Don’t really understand why they wouldn’t bother with it. I reckon a high amount of viewers who subscribed to Fox Sports for Cricket content would be Pan-Indians who have the service to follow their teams.

Probably the price of rights. Subcontinent known for price gouging on deals or locking in long term deals when you only want one thing.

2 Likes

According to Foxtel TV guide, Fox Cricket will officially launch at 5.55am AEST tomorrow (Monday) with a 15 minute special, followed by the final of Caribbean Premier League between Guyana Amazon Warriors and Trinbago Knight Riders. The rest of the channel’s 1st day is classic matches from Nine’s cricket archives.

and it’s begun. the watermark has changed, the promos are now fox cricket.

4 Likes

Yep, promos don’t look too bad.

I saw one ident during the sailing that was OK.

What else can they air for so many hours, but I do hope we see some prime time shows / panels commence before the Womens match after the Grand Final (which I take it they’re simulcasting? Or are Seven simulcasting Foxtel’s broadcast?)

Also, really old footage very doubtful.

But more modern footage Seven / Foxtel should be able to digitally remove Nine’s watermark and/or clean feeds with CA will be available.

Because looking at Seven’s AFL (and no doubt Fox Footy), for example, when they’ve shown footage from Ten’s telecasts 2007-2011, their watermark was missing/blank. But when they’ve shown footage from Ten’s telecasts from 2002-2006 a lot of the time their logo was still there and the quality poorer.