Footy Classified

Tony was in the studio with them Monday night. What am I missing?

Nathan Brown filled in tonight

It was a great show tonight. Brilliant chemistry and brought some terrific life into the show!

Was it more like a SFS episode? Or was it just the banter between TJ and Browny?

1 Like

I haven’t watched if but I understand people’s appeal for something more light and as victoriansun suggested ‘life’. But as I have said previously this isn’t that. I go to Footy Class for the serious discussion not the light, fluffy jokes. I like Nathan Brown but I do not like and think Tony Jones is good enough for this show. I haven’t watched yet so will wait to pass judgment. But as I said if you want more TJ go and watch the Sunday Footy Show but leave this for more serious and more professional people please.

I guess you’ll have to watch it to see :wink:

Fair to say though, Eddie was also buying into the humour as well so it wasn’t just TJ

To be fair I haven’t watched it yet. I tend to skip the Wednesday one on occasions as I am not the biggest Eddie fan either. I find he talks over the top of Caroline a lot. I am not a big Craig Hutchinson fan either but I do really enjoy the Monday panel. It has a professionalism to it and I like hearing the news. I don’t want a comedy panel. If I want that I can watch The Front Bar, Sunday Footy Show or can even go to my podcasts such as AFL Exchange to get the humorous side of footy. But the reason I go to Footy Class is for the news. I compare it to watching the 6pm news and The Project. One is more in depth the other is fun and light hearted.

Just finished watching it. TJ wasn’t as bad in this episode. His issues with Caroline Wilson though just make him so unbearable. Why did he have to say Nathan Brown pulled a face during the Final Countdown? I thought Nathan Brown was fantastic.

1 Like

What was with the weird intro to Ross Lyon?

2 Likes

Can’t believe Nathan had his own segment. Only there for one show.

1 Like

Carry on from TSFS. The others have one so why can’t he?

Just odd for a last minute change.

It wouldn’t have been too difficult for him to do it. It was probably one he had prepared for the SFS this week, and he just used it for FC. They have the same producers and crew.

People even on the panel were divided on this. It’s great for nine to put this up but it’s just a dig at 7. Craig actually disagreed and So did others. You have to look at it from a business and personal sense.

3 Likes

Of course he would disagree, he runs a media company… conflict of interest there

1 Like

Doesn’t everyone have a conflict. His points were just as valid.

2 Likes

About time that they finally got Kane in a studio, though he almost didn’t speak so maybe some other issues there?

Wonder if Eddie will still be horrible this week?

3 Likes

According to the TV guide, there isn’t any Footy Classified tonight. Will be back Wednesday at 9:50pm

1 Like

Why does Craig always look down at his notes? Isn’t the an auto cue to tell him what to say?

1 Like