Footy Classified

Former AFL player Chris Judd has joined the program.

1 Like

Garry Lyon looks set to return to the show in 2017. Whether he will appear weekly on the show or on a sporadic basis remains unclear however.

One thing which is certain, he won’t be returning to the Footy Show.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/garry-lyon-is-set-to-make-his-return-to-television-after-months-in-seclusion/news-story/56dd425255c44f4524b77ca8c5829d80

2 Likes

Lyon has confirmed to the Herald Sun he will return to co-host the show next year.

1 Like

Gary Lyon looked so clean when he shaved his beard off!

1 Like

I read a few comments on social media that this week’s season return used audio grabs from SEN only when discussing footy issues, compared with previous seasons when clips from all radio stations were used. If it was done to promote Garry Lyon’s breakfast show on SEN (which just had a shocker in the latest radio ratings) it is a silly move.

This week’s episode will air first on 9GO! at 8.30pm tomorrow in Melbourne, due to double episodes of House Husbands. It will be repeated on main channel at 10.55pm.
Adelaide and Perth viewers will have to wait until 10.55pm on the main channel to see the episode.

1 Like

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:6, topic:1197, full:true”]
This week’s episode will air first on 9GO! at 8.30pm tomorrow in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, due to double episodes of House Husbands. It will be repeated on main channel at 10.40pm.[/quote]It will also be repeated on 9Gem at 11.35pm (just in case viewers missed the previous couple of airings :grin:).

Which is good for us Northwelians.

The show will air on 9GO! in Melbourne at 8.30pm tomorrow due to the Anzac Day AFL match and also part 2 of mini-series House of Bond. It will be repeated on main channel at around 11pm (also the first screening for Adelaide and Perth viewers).

1 Like

Due to Nine’s replay of One Love Manchester concert on main channel tonight, Footy Classified will be shown on 9GO! in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth at 8.30pm, followed by a national broadcast on 9Gem just after midnight.

1 Like

Essendon champ & retiree Jobe Watson filling-in for Craig Hutchison tonight (late/emergency change).

Fantastic pick-up :grin:

2 Likes

Was mentioned last week. Not a late change at all.

Hutchy even went as far as to jokingly suggested that he had been ‘boned’ from another Nine footy show last week. I believe he’s in the US doing something Crocmedia related.

1 Like

The final episode of 2017 will be shown tonight (Sunday) after 60 Minutes in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, and repeated nationally on 9Gem just before midnight.

1 Like

Garry Lyon has left the network to join Fox Footy from next year

2 Likes

Big news, shock, been on it since day dot (bar last year for obvious reasons)

Will this show even return next year? With Lyon gone to Fox, Caro no longer chief footy writer at The Age and Hutchy busy with the ever growing media empire he’s trying to build, will any of them have time to engage in meaningful footy talk?

1 Like

I really like Gary and really like footy classified. I doubt it will return and if it does wont be anywhere near as good.

AFL website reports that dual Brownlow medallist and Carlton club director Chris Judd is in talks with Nine to replace Lyon on the panel.

2 Likes

I only watched classfied for gary.

1 Like