Footy Classified

Tonight’s episode of Footy Classified has been scheduled at 9.40pm, in direct competition to the West Coast v North Melbourne game. Very strange programming decision given a lot of the show’s target audience will be watching the game.

1 Like

Or maybe not, it’s a Perth team and the other a little followed Melbourne club and an odd-ball timeslot. I’m sure many will tune-in as normal, if not more with the earlier time. Only due hards would be watching Fox Footy tonight outside Western Australia I’d imagine

And it’s out now. I guess GTV is not airing FC at full time of the SOO dead rubber. Wonder what else they have scheduled.

1 Like

Jeebus. Eddie went a bit off chops about Collingwood last night. :flushed:

It it strange this is going head-to-head with a live AFL game on 7mate? Surely airing it before 8pm on 9Gem or late night on Channel 9 or even just waiting until the Wednesday episode might’ve been better?

They’ve previously run it on the Tuesday, so not sure why they did not do that again this time.

2 Likes

Please do not have Craig host next week. That delay is just unbearable.

Is it just me or is the side area of the set used for the “Ross The Boss” segment extremely overlit?

The LED wall and and the frosted logo either side of the screen look washed out and lose their effect.Lloyd and Lyon are casting strong shadows too.

Surely tone it down a bit?

2 Likes

This delay having Kane and Hutch in Perth is shocking!

1 Like

Kane in Adelaide, yeah?

No, he is in Perth.

1 Like

Is Kane and Hutch quarantining over there? Why couldn’t they be in the same studio if not?

And Kane is from SA, so doesn’t need to quarantine in WA. It can be easier to have them in two studios so as to have a static camera (so you only need two) instead of adding potentially a wide shot of the two (who would be on a different desk).

Craig had been in Tasmania.

1 Like

Why is Hutch in Perth though? He doesn’t need to be there. It’s not like he is being part of a broadcast for GF day either Fox, Seven or radio…

Why can’t he be? He’s got companies that are doing stuff, and he’s been in Tassie for two weeks so can travel there whenever he likes.

2 Likes

I don’t mind that he is in WA but he was very sneaky about it. On his podcast he kept saying he hadn’t decided whether he would be going but it’s obvious it was always his plan. Just be honest.

1 Like

More coverage this week on nine than on seven!

5 Likes

That always seems to be the case. I was disappointed 7’s Sunday morning Footy Show got the ‘soft drop’ (as they would call it on Footy Exchange).

Talking of which. Now that 7 have Mitch Cleary maybe they should look at a Footy Exchange show for their own coverage - perhaps on a Sunday night or Sunday morning.

AFL Game Day on Seven? A shame that it couldnt be done this year (i understand it being dropped last year when covid began though…)

Footy Classified on Nine. Good amount of coverage this week as per usual.

3 Likes