Football⚽️

1 Like

New Zealand All Whites will host the Socceroos at Eden Park on Sunday, September 25, to celebrate the 100-year anniversary of the first ever senior men’s international fixture between the two teams.

1 Like

And in Australia (probably Sydney lets be honest) three days prior.

Very dangerous should both teams qualify: playing two games in 4 days, plus playing on a field 24hours after a Bledisloe Test (i.e. a cow paddock). I will bet you money there will be injuries.

3 Likes

This meeting on 6 September is part of a two-match home series featuring both national teams, with the city and venue for the first match scheduled for 3 September to be revealed in the coming weeks.

MATCH DETAILS:

Commonwealth Bank Matildas v Canada
Date: Tuesday, 6 September 2022
Venue: Allianz Stadium
Kick-Off: Time TBA
Football Account pre-sale: 2.00 pm AEST on Thursday, 23 June 2022
General Public on-sale: 1.00 pm AEST on Wednesday, 29 June 2022
Tickets available from www.ticketek.com.au
*Kick-off time and broadcast information to come

1 Like

Australia qualifies for the World Cup for the fifth time in a penalty shootout.

Just like Uruguay in 2005, Australia defeated another South American team in Peru in the inter-continental playoff. Unlike 17 years ago, we were in Asia this time round and not Oceania

3 Likes

This morning I woke up and looked on my phone that Socceroos had qualified into the FIFA World Cup after beating Peru :peru: 5-4 on penalties in the playoffs. The Socceroos will be in Group D with france, Denmark and Tunisia in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Will the Socceroos go past Group Stage and head into Round of 16?

1 Like

With France and Denmark in our group, its going to be tough

5 Likes

The French haven’t been playing well in the Nations League lately

1 Like

I’m so happy that the Socceroos made the World Cup. Yes, it is a tough draw for us.

The schedule looks like this:
Wednesday, 23 November - 6am: Australia v France
Saturday, 26 November - 9pm: Australia v Tunisia
Thursday, 1 December - 2am: Australia v Denmark

• aedt

The first two matches are good times to watch. The Denmark game is the awkward time for us on the East Coast.

1 Like

Costa Rica beat New Zealand 1-0 in the World Cup intercontinental playoff in Qatar overnight, thanks to Campbell’s goal in the 3rd minute. The result means Costa Rica took the 32nd and final spot in the tournament, and will go into Group E alongside Spain, Germany and Japan.

2 Likes

Central Coast Mariners have received a provisional licence to become the league’s 12th team in 2023-24, subject to FA Board approval.

The inclusion of Western United in 2022-23 and Central Coast the following campaign ensures the league will rise to a 12-team, full home-and-away competition by 2023-24.

https://twitter.com/wufcofficial/status/1541955706265272320
https://twitter.com/CCMariners/status/1541949669064196096

2 Likes
1 Like

James Johnson is from Queensland and it isn’t a surprise that Brisbane won over Sydney and Melbourne for the Socceroos’ farewell match prior to the World Cup

1 Like

Josh Cavallo on the cover of Men’s Health this month.

e

1 Like

Melbourne is ‘The home of the Matildas’ yet never gets them for a game… :roll_eyes: Sydney every time.

1 Like

I am sure Melbourne will host a friendly involving the Matildas before next year’s World Cup.

1 Like

Let’s hope so.

waiting on the release of kick off times for the september EPL times that should be out tonight - it wil allow me to see if any games fit my schedule whilst i’m in london

1 Like

What team are you looking to see?