Food

Apparently ScoMo can cook.

1 Like

Yeah he has mentioned he can cook a good curry before

1 Like

That’s two things that gives me the shits. :laughing:

2 Likes

During this second lockdown in Victoria/Melbourne, I invested in a stand mixer.

So far, I’ve managed not to burn down the kitchen and created some sweets from scratch.

• Red Velvet Cupcakes with swiss buttercream icing
  • Mars Bar Slice
  • Reese’s Preanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
  • Sugar Free Brownies

I cooked the sugar free brownies in my air fryer oven and it cooked perfectly. I normally cook my meat in the air fryer oven, so it was good to cook something different in there besides just meat.

Over the next few weeks I am aiming to make Peanut Butter Cupcakes with swiss buttercream icing and Tiramisu.

My partner and neighbours seem to be enjoying the sweets I’ve made.

1 Like

We bought a thermomix recently. Amazing. Definitely worth the hype.

1 Like

My Aunty has two Thermomix’s. She is also a sales representative.

1 Like

Only way she can afford it. They’re expensive, but bloody amazing.

Just don’t stand near them while they’re in blend mode

That’s the old model. There’s been 2 newer versions since then. I haven’t had any issues however you do need to watch it when it’s on super high speed as it’s a little jumpy.

The best thing about them is the freshness. You can really taste the difference in making stuff yourself (like curries and sauces) vs opening a jar.

How much are they these days? I’m surprised you bought it during Covid. Aren’t they supposed to save time? Surely you want things to consume your time :stuck_out_tongue:

Ours was $2600. Tbh I would never, but I was outvoted and it was purchased without my knowledge, rocking up at the house one day. I am a convert though. It does save time, but it’s not a huge diff really when you prep everything. It’s also that you can cook a whole meal with it. No mess or pots or pans everywhere.

2 Likes

I would love one, and have for a very long time, but I cannot justify spending $2600 on it.

2 Likes

We sold everything else (Kitchenaid mixer, all appliances - everything that can be done with it) to cover about $1000 of that but yeh it’s not cheap.

2 Likes

Has anyone here purchased a grazing box? It’s basically a antipasto/cheese platter, but it comes in a box. If so, do you recommend it for the price or it is much easier and cheaper to purchase the items yourself?

I noticed on social media on Father’s Day a few received a grazing box as a gift.

I’ve been known to polish off a antipasto/cheese platter all to myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Brands, Products and Promotions

I know someone in melbourne that got it during lockdown. She said it was good. It didn’t look worth the price to me. But its the experience.

I’m thinking of purchasing one for Cox Plate Day/AFL Grand Final Night.

1 Like