Food

Why do we need to market it as a Meat Free Pie. There have been pies filled with vegetables since pies were invented.

I am currently craving Ramen. Anyone cook this regularly and know a good recipe? My small town doesn’t have a lot of choice in takeaway so going to have to get used to cooking these privileges I got used to in Melbourne.

If you search “ramen recipe” on Google you should be able to find a good one.
I cook ramen almost every weekend, although my parents have always complained about the small soup packs and the seasoning packs inside the packaging, they say they have MSG and other chemicals which are harmful to my body.

1 Like

Yeah I have googled but thought it would be nice if people had recipes to share.

Putting peanut butter in the fridge doesn’t work as it is then too hard to spread.

2 Likes

I got more issues with that ‘definitive’ list than just peanut butter in the fridge, that list is wrong on so many levels.

1 Like

I was more concerned about the butter in the pantry but…

Won’t the butter melt by being put in the pantry?

1 Like

You can leave it in a closed container and it will be fine, makes it easier to spread etc.

1 Like

All the things they put in the pantry i put in the fridge and all the things in the fridge i put in the pantry. Who puts butter in the pantry? And chocolate tastes so much better cold. And olive oil??? No way does that belong in the fridge.

2 Likes

Even supermarket store eggs in fridges these days to prevent bacteria growth.

1 Like

I normally only get fresh eggs but even still I put those in the fridge. The yolk stays together better in the fridge. I just make sure not to put them in the door as that subjects them to temperature drops.

I believe olive oil, coffee, peanut butter and the avocado should not be in the fridge. Apples are a toss up because I would rather eat them cold except in winter. Chocolate only needs to be refrigerated in summer. All the rest, I put in the fridge.

It also extends their shelf-life (not that that matters at the moment, eggs seem to be a hot commodity)

Storing eggs outside of the fridge is ok when you have reasonably stable temperatures

I always put chocolate in the fridge but i prefer cold chocolate.

I don’t really like cold chocolate. The texture is too…brittle and the flavours get muted by the cold in my opinion.

Perry also appeared on many TV cooking shows including MasterChef and Restaurant Revolution.

Has anyone noticed during the Menulog ads with Snoop Dogg that anytime he pops up, the words “Paid Actor” appears on the bottom? Isn’t that stating the obvious? I doubt Mr Dogg would be donating his time to a multi-national for free…

4 Likes

Not for the love of the munchies? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like