Food

It looks nothing like that animation. :wink:

They couldn’t even get someone to dress up like the Colonel for f##ks sake. Just some poor sap in a ridiculous chicken suit. This was poorly organised and run. I left after an hour. I have a $10 credit at a nearby KFC because they screwed up an order, I’ll just get a giant feast and make it spread out a few days.

Gorgi Coghlan along with her husband Simon and their business partner Drew Harry have renovated and reopened the Provincial Hotel in Ballarat. There are 23 rooms and a new restaurant called Lola which is ‘casual contemporary cafe by day, sophisticated european-style bistro at night’, with most produce and wine being sourced from the Ballarat area.

More:

I went to Sizzler for the first time in years last night. The food was OK, but it looks like the owners have really let the place go, felt like it hasn’t been touched since the 90’s. Still 3 stores in WA. Innaloo will be probably next to go given Event Cinemas is moving to Westfield Innaloo in the next few years.

I was really annoyed by this over the weekend. We were charged 10% extra at lunch yesterday. It wasn’t even advertised when we booked online. I’m making a note of never going back to that bistro again, which we have been to a few times in the past.

Also got charged 15% extra at a cafe today. At least they had a sign up when we arrived. I was tempted to leave but we had no choice. Other cafes around were closed today so we couldn’t go elsewhere.

I dined at Mark + Vinny’s at Surry Hills with a friend of mine on Saturday, and there was a 10% holiday surcharge. My friend told me restaurants in the area were closed during Easter.
(For those who are wondering, Mark + Vinnys are owned by Mark Filipelli and Vince Pizzinga, two Aussie Italians who met in Los Angeles. Vince is also a good friend of Delta Goodrem and has written many hit songs for her, thus many Delta fans have also visited the place ever since it opened)

Was that the reason you chose it?

Yes, however the restaurant has also received good reviews online and in the media.

More trouble for Jamie Oliver.

Last time I ate at a Hogs’s Breath CafĂ© (which I reckon would’ve had to have been the first time in around 10 years) was in Nelson Bay a couple of months back when I was up that way. The food wasn’t completely inedible, but I wouldn’t have said it was spectacular either.

As for the chain as a whole, if the stories in that article are anything to go by I wouldn’t be overly surprised if it becomes a victim of our changing restaurant/takeaway eating habits.

1 Like

I last went to the Hogs at St Marys about five years ago. The food was ok, but it’s overpriced and you get better value and better food at the St Marys Band Club in the next block.

1 Like

Yeah I wasn’t a fan of Hogs either. I don’t mind spending a dollar on food but I expect quality and it wasn’t.

1 Like

Haven’t been to Hog’s in a while. There’s not one in cooee of me and I’m in inner western Sydney.

Still overpriced and they’ve not moved too far with the times. They’ve had it coming.

1 Like

Herald Sun reports Coles will put Christmas mince pies on sale from today. Really? :roll_eyes: Way too early.

The federal government is targeting bars and restaurants who rip off customers with undersized drinks.

Who eats those, besides nannas? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How about we establish national standards for drink sizes first

A post was merged into an existing topic: MasterChef Australia

I know Four ‘N’ Twenty will release such a pie sooner than later. I would love to try it one day.