Five Bedrooms

There is actually a web series called Clickbait which is a US-Australian co-production, and will air on Netflix later this year.

1 Like

Yes, it was announced late last year and here is a story from GQ Australia:

Great news for Five Bedrooms. It’s the type of Aussie show that can do well with British audiences.

That’s necessary but a bit unfortunate, as filming is about to be completed. If filming doesn’t resume soon, given the time required for post-production, it won’t be able to air during mid-year, and therefore miss out on the MasterChef lead-in.

Co-creator Michael Lucas has told Inside Film that four of the eight episodes have been shot and post production will be completed on these episodes.

2 Likes

According to Sunday Herald Sun, Doris and her husband were considering their next move as their Sydney apartment lease was up. When series producer Andy Walker said the house was empty until production could resume, Doris jokingly suggested she could house-sit and the producers agreed.

2 Likes

I hope Five Bedrooms can resume production soon - with both Neighbours and Home and Away back in production and a few in the UK kicking up again it’d be great if the year was able to close with Five Bedrooms.

2 Likes

Are they waiting for stars who are internationally based to return?

I there are any internationally based stars, I’m sure they would have stayed here when lockdown happened. Filming could have resumed at any time and corona virus was worse overseas.

Neighbours resumed with scenes adapted or rewritten for social distancing. I think a show like Five Bedrooms which is all about relationships will find it harder to shoot the planned storylines and scenes, at a distance. They will probably wait until they can be more up close.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure. I remember reading something on tvtonight that suggested some dramas aren’t resuming production due to some stars living in international locations. Maybe this isn’t one of them.

I think that was some of the ABC dramas that had international actors attached to the projects.

1 Like

Yes, Harrow and Wakefield on the ABC and Breathless on Ten.

2 Likes

The Sunday Herald Sun reports today that season 2 will resume filming this Friday (June 19). Doris Younane, who had lived in the Malvern East home (which is used for filming) for the past three months, will move to an apartment.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Given then have 4 episodes in the can, were halfway through filming ep 5 and 6 it looks positive that we could potentially get Season 2 in the back end of the year… maybe September/October?

2 Likes

Screenshot_20200627-143653~2

2 Likes

The crew couldn’t use jibs?

2 Likes

Budget cuts :joy:

i am glad that they are still filming the second season. I enjoyed the first season. And was given quite a good response.

2 Likes

Season 1 will be streaming on Peacock in the US on August 13.

2 Likes