Five Bedrooms

I did and noticed it. I am only asking because I said this:

Hugh Sheridan is going to be a busy bee!
Back to the Rafters in Jan and then Five Bedrooms in Feb

@blackbox is there something we don’t know that you do? You had this show listed as something not returning next year.

1 Like

It’s confirmed though? All the cast as well as the network have announced a season 2?

Maybe Robs initial comment on it was an opinion based in the ratings?

1 Like

I’m afraid you’ve caught us out there in what can only be described as a stuff up.

It goes to show we don’t know everything lol

5 Likes

No worries it’s not just you that has said similar comments so just wanted to make sure. Loved the show so was worried they had back flipped.

3 Likes

10 Head of Programming Daniel Monaghan tells TV Tonight that season 2 is expected to air in second quarter of 2020, after The Secret She Keeps. He adds that season 1 has been picked up by NBCUniversal’s upcoming streaming service Peacock. That is great news.

5 Likes

I’m surprised CBS All access didn’t pick it up?

2 Likes

When Five Bedrooms was first announced 12 months ago, the press release (see the first post) said Sky Vision, a subsidiary of British broadcaster Sky, would be the distributor. Then in mid 2019, Comcast (parent of NBCUniversal) acquired Sky from News Corp, and on October 1, Sky Vision officially merged with NBCUniversal Global Distribution. So NBCUniversal Global Distribution now distributes the drama outside Australia.

1 Like

Season 2 began filming two weeks ago.

Katie Robertson, one of the stars of the drama, gave birth to a baby boy named George Darcy on November 25 last year.

2 Likes

Filming commences on season two of Five Bedrooms.

When one door shuts, another Five Bedrooms open.

Is now a good time to leap into the property market? The truth is, who knows?! But what we do know is it’s a great week to start filming season two of beloved Aussie drama, Five Bedrooms .

Kat Stewart, Stephen Peacocke, Doris Younane, Katie Robertson, Roy Joseph and Hugh Sheridan are just some of the talented actors returning for season two of Network 10’s local drama series.

Having lost their first communal home at auction, season two sees our surrogate family once again house-hunting, believing they have been tested and prevailed as a motley collective.

Actor Kat Stewart, who plays Liz, said: “Season one of Five Bedrooms was a creative and personal joy for me from beginning to end. I am so thrilled to be back on set with this superb ensemble and knock-out creative team led by the brilliant minds of writers Michael Lucas and Christine Bartlett.

“A huge thanks to Hoodlum and Network 10 for backing a show about disparate ordinary people choosing to support each other in flawed, real and wonderfully surprising ways. We can’t wait to bring audiences season two.”

Network 10’s Head of Drama, Rick Maier, said: “If only we all had a bunch of unlikely friends like this - keeping us honest, laughing, and coming back for more.

“We are truly blessed to have this joyous cast, ingenious writers and incredible crew back together for another round of life-affirming, escapist fun. Five Bedrooms is a privilege to broadcast.”

Hoodlum Entertainment Executive Producers Nathan Mayfield, said: “So thrilled to bring this heart-warming cast of characters back to life for the next chapter of Five Bedrooms on 10.

“We are so pleased that audiences embraced these characters that we love so much and we can’t wait for audiences to laugh, cry and laugh again in season two. This enthusiasm is shared with our partners Film Victoria, Screen Australia and our international partners Sky Studios and NBCUniversal.”

Five Bedrooms commenced filming this week and is produced by Hoodlum Entertainment for Network 10. With major production investment from Screen Australia, it is developed and produced with the assistance of Film Victoria. International sales by NBCUniversal Global Distribution on behalf of Sky Studios.

3 Likes

Herald Sun reported across two articles on the commencement of filming of season 2 (one in today’s Confidential section and the other in tomorrow’s Page 13 section). The articles say filming are taking place at a 1920s house in Malvern East which is the former family home of 3AW’s Neil Mitchell. The residence is now being rented out by the owners of Hoodlum Productions as the house for the series. Hoodlum has notified local residents that eight episodes will be filmed for season 2 in four blocks, each block consisting of about five consecutive days. Former MasterChef judge Gary Mehigan, who lives nearby, was so concerned about production trucks clogging up the street that he rang Stonnington Council and suggested the trucks be spread out across several streets, and the council agreed.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/page-13/gary-mehigan-cooks-up-trouble-for-tv-production/news-story/83afe0cc7452d35d267be95a82463996

2 Likes

Is it the same house from last season?

It’s a different house from season 1. That house in the storyline was sold by auction in the season finale.

Impressive that it has been picked up by the main channel, even if it is for a daytime slot.

3 Likes

Testing the waters for a local version in the UK perhaps?

1 Like

It’s interesting that NBCUniversal Global Distribution, Sky Studios and Peacock all have the same owner (Comcast) but Sky UK didn’t pick up the drama. Too mainstream?

1 Like

This is great news for the show.

2 Likes

This time last year I got a notice in my mailbox that “Five Bedrooms” was going to filming at the motel near my house

Last week (and the event occurred on Monday) we got a notice about something called “Clickbait” being recorded at the same motel.

Spin off? New Show? Pseudonym?

If true… and it is plausible… that the characters go to a motel temporary, since they lost the house in Season One at the auction.

Wonders what direction they will go this year? Will they buy a new house all together? Rent? Motel, like above? Who knows.

But nonetheless, am glad the show is returning. Season one was great. Not often i get hooked on a Aussie Drama like this.

1 Like