Five AA Adelaide

1 Like

Following the announcement of his sacking, Cordeaux said his previous comments were “perfectly true” and that he did not know why his employer had reacted so strongly.

“I checked the date because lurking around in my mischievous little mind was, ‘This is a joke, this can’t be serious, it’s not the first of April, is it?’” he said.

Cordeaux said he did not agree with claims that he was victim-blaming.

2 Likes

I wonder if Angie McBride or Dave.Howard will do weekend mornings ongoing? The station might not make any announcements until the dust has settled over the Cordeaux sacking.

1 Like

Who hosted last weekend? Someone has to be there.

Angie McBride I think

1 Like

I wonder if Jodie Oddy could replace Pilko’s slot on FiveAA? I can’t imagine Pilko will go on next year so I think they will be looking for a replacement.

Andrew Reimer will be filling in for Matthew Pantellis nights from the 28th June to 9th July. Great to here more of Andrew on air he deserves it!

3 Likes

Good ratings today, there will probably be a correction next time but they would be happy with all slots apart from afternoons which always seems a dip in comparison ntonother shifts.

Mel Usher co-hosted the Saturday Night talkback with Andrew Reimer last night after the football. They didn’t explain why she was there. I don’t think she has ever done that before, she might be looking to move out from the newsroom.

2 Likes

Kerrie Akkermanns did her first shift yesterday afternoon. She said she would be doing the late Sunday afternoon shift all through Summer. I don’t really know her background.

Dave Howard is back doing Saturday nights.

Not sure if Paul Richards is still doing shifts, I haven’t heard him for a while.

1 Like

Paul Richards is taking a break as he has other commitments

2 Likes

Just saw on a Facebook group that Paul Richards is back on tonight 8pm with Dave Howard on this afternoon 2-6. Not sure yet if this is regular or a once off but thinking regular

1 Like

They actually had live radio all day today which was great. I understand it’s all about money but there are a few easy tweaks to the programming they could make that would cut down on the repeats and music.

1 Like

As suspected, Paul Richards is back regularly not just a one off, he needed time off radio as he was starting a new job outside radio as all his event announcer work (e.g. Royal Adelaide Show) has been cancelled due to the pandemic

1 Like

Do you think there will be many changes to the lineup in 2022?

I am not sure Cornsey has anyone left to interview and we would be lucky to get a couple of new episodes of his show a week. Replace Pilko and get them going through until 4pm.

Also rather than Tom Rehn just doing sport from 5.30, he should just do a 5am to 6am show covering news, sport and some early talkback.

I know money is tight but those two changes wouldn’t cost too much.

1 Like

They need to make changes, the ratings are not what they should be

2 Likes

Mel Usher haa done the last few Saturday night shifts with Andrew Reimer. Given their cost cutting I find it hard to believe they would have two hosts on for no reason.

Maybe she is panel training but she is really good as a host and doing talkback.

1 Like

Jade Robran is the new host of afternoons from Monday as Pilko will be Leon’s replacement over summer.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/jade-robran-returns-to-fiveaas-afternoon-shift-pilko-takes-on-mornings-over-summer/news-story/9cd0a81517b5ae73e4e712dd919fd14c

2 Likes

I think this has been in the works for a while. Jade is great and fresh voice.

They should extend the show in the new year and put the conversations with Cornsey show out of its misery or just have it on once a week to reduce repeats. It was good when it started but too hard to have a new guest everyday.

2 Likes