Five AA Adelaide

Sounds like Richard Pascoe might be covering some shifts on his own over Summer. Not specifically Tech related, just a regular show.

Andrew Reimer said the other night he would be covering Mathew Pantallis for five weeks.

Mel Usher is also hosting some shifts.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying for years that Richard Pascoe would make a good summer fill in host so good to see him get the opportunity

2 Likes

David Penberthy and Will Goodings had been broadcasting in isolation from their homes since yesterday, after they were caught up in a COVID exposure this week that includes exposure sites across Adelaide. This will continue into their final 2021 week on air next week. The exposure also leads to next weekā€™s FiveAA advertiser Christmas function being cancelled.

2 Likes

They had former premier Jay Weatherill as a guest, who later tested positive after being at a school reunion

1 Like

Not FiveAA but Richard Pascoe is co hosting Power FM breakfast tomorrow morning

1 Like

FiveAA Summer Schedule

Of interest David Bruce and Brad Aldridge return. Kerrie Akkermans does a few more shifts. Richard Pascoe hosts his own shifts while Michael Smyth cohosts breakfast. The only new name is Ryan Honter that I can see.

No Paul Richards or Dave Howard.

1 Like

I caught the end of Ryan Honterā€™s show he did a great job and that was also the general consensus on Facebook groups. I believe he works for Nova in Sales and was Chief Operating Officer of af Colombo Communications Ltd in Sri Lanka.

Richard Pascoe wasnt too bad, but ironically had tech issues with his microphone, leaving it on in breaks and the producer had issues getting the Music Hour playing at midnight

2 Likes

A few random bits:

Sounds like Tom Rehn will keep doing the 5.30am show and read the sport despite getting the Nine job. It will be a long day for him. I still think a 5am to 6am general news show would work well.

I have heard a few overnights of late and itā€™s basically 100% music. There is so much more content they could replay.

Hate to say it but Weekend mornings are hard to listen to. They seem very under prepared.

Richard Pascoe is sounding good on weekend afternoons.

No mention yet if Teadrea will do his regular segment and AFL comments but I presume he wonā€™t.

The night show with Matt Pantallis is a great listen. Good mixture of topics and calls.

2 Likes

Agree, live from at least 4am is best as the city begins to wake up.

Hasnā€™t Tom Rehn worked for Nine throughout? What job does he have there now?

Heā€™s moved to weeknight sport presenter on Nine News from weekends. Even though itā€™s long days for him itā€™s probably still better for him considering he wouldā€™ve had to do 7 days a week in his previous position as weekend sports presenter.

2 Likes

Rehn is Tredreas replacement presenting sport on 9 news weeknights I believe

1 Like

He was reporting and reading the weekend sport but he is taking over from Tredrea reading weekday sport. He has also just started as a host if a new travel series called ā€˜Hello SAā€™. Must be a busy guy.

2 Likes

Why is Treadrea no longer reading weeknights?

9 have a vaccination policy where all staff have to be jabbed, heā€™s pro choice but not anti vax, he hasnā€™t had a vaccination yet. He decided to leave 9 Adelaide.

3 Likes

Any idea if Nova have a similar policy? Even if they donā€™t I think AFL media need to be so unless he changes his position he wonā€™t be able to do AFL comments either?

1 Like

Thanks @utaussiefan, great that 9 have such a policy.

They mentioned Jase Kemp was reading the weekend news for the first time this morning. He has done the weekday sport filling in for Tom Rehn before.

1 Like

I was driving around for work tonight and listening to Andrew Reimer. He was programmed and advertising that he was onair until 1am.

I think he decided to give himself an early knockoff because at about 12.40am, he said his good byes and played ads back to back for over 15 minutes until the pre recorded overnights kicked in.

3 Likes

His birthday today so maybe thatā€™s why?

2 Likes

A few things

Matt Pantallis is broadcasting from home in isolation. He has such a great show.

David Bruce has covered a few weekend night shifts while Andrew Reimer had some nights off.

Not reflected too much in the ratings but Jade Robran sounds good.

Also like Channel Nine, Nova have cut Tredrea. Seems like Tim Giniver is going to play a bigger role.

They really miss Leith Forrest on weekend breakfast. I find it really hard to listed to. It really lacks the polish he brings.