Five AA Adelaide

If you have been watching the survey results, afternoons has been an absolute disaster, by far the lowest share of any metro talkback station consistently throughout her time on air.

1 Like

I liked Jade and thought she would pick up ratings after she took over from Pilko but wasn’t to be.

I don’t think Angie will get the role long-term, so it will be interesting to see who they go with. Leith Forrest to afternoons and then Andrew Reimer at night would work, but that would mean an all male lineup. I think it will be a female.

1 Like

ABC Adelaide breakfast radio presenter Stacey Lee is believed to be moving to rival station FIVEaa to host its afternoon shift

No surprise, quite obvious by her commercial style presenting on ABC Adelaide.

2 Likes
1 Like

Wow! This is awful!

A sad sad sad day for radio in Australia.

Blake is a great talent, I suppose Nova will run more sports content.

FiveAA just running repeats of the days interviews between 7pm and 8pm. I wonder if they will stick with that in 2024?

2 Likes

Great news for those employed, I’m sure they’re glad for work.

However, it also shows that FiveAA are again aspiring to provide champagne on a beer budget.

Beyond the newsreaders, the newsroom has faced cutbacks beyond what’s acceptable for a news talk station that has the potential to be number one and writing a higher commercial share than it currently does.

Same for programs and other depts.

2 Likes

I find their appointments a bit strange. I am not sure Jess Adamson reading the news one day a week is going to really add much to the overall breakfast product.

I always thought they used three news readers accross the day, but the article said Mel Usher and Kendell Brettick (Monday Mornings only) would be reading the news. Maybe they just do long shifts with Davud Bryce when required.

Jade Robran has also joined the breakfast team as a live reporter.

I juat hope there are not any cutbacks to pay for theses three as I don’t really think they add much.

2 Likes

Interesting, as since leaving Afternoons, Jade has been Sunrise’s Adelaide Correspondent, and also sometimes pops up on the mornings news. Could be some sort of dual role (reporting from major events for both).

4 Likes

Hideous

6 Likes

Jesus Christ what are Nova thinking. Current branding is better than this rubbish.

4 Likes

I thought it looked ok at first from a distance, but eeek!

3 Likes

Did they outsource this to the MS Paint wizards who design the frightful Caralis logos?

3 Likes

Surely a Nine Radio-esque or even something involving either a speech bubble or quotation marks would be better than that logo.

1 Like
1 Like

I actually don’t mind it, although they could maybe ditch the white line between the two As.

But, also, I hated their old logo. “FIVEaa” was triggering on so many levels

2 Likes