Fetch TV

We need another light entertainment channel for the two that we are losing.

Message on my Fetch this morning with a promo. New channel is Oxygen - starting Jan 1 on 101.

https://www.oxygen.com/

From the NBCUNiversal site:

Oxygen Media is a multiplatform crime destination brand for women.

Having announced the full-time shift to crime programming in 2017, Oxygen has become the fastest growing cable entertainment network with popular unscripted original programming that includes the flagship “Snapped” franchise, “The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway,” “The Jury Speaks,” “Cold Justice,” “Three Days to Live,” and “It Takes A Killer.”

Available in more than 77 million homes, Oxygen is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.

Watch Oxygen anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs.

Apparently going to be a virtual channel like the MovieBox channel.

not a good replacement for genen channels

1 Like

Oxygen will appear as a linear channel on Fetch TV devices, but subscribers will also be able to pick programs in the schedule and either watch them live, fast forward or rewind as they wish.

The changes to Fetch have now happened, TVH!ts completely gone from the list and Oxygen now showing at 101 with the virtual menu like on the 100 Movie Box channel.

On 111 funny it’s now been replaced with the loop about the changes happening to the shows.

As they say all recordings now no longer work :frowning: My Name Is Earl is in my list but now no longer plays. Karma’s a bitch.

Oxygen is a rubbish replacement for the lost TVHits and 111 Funny. There are just fifteen titles with most being true crime documentary series or one off specials, and there is season 5 of Law & Order: CI, season 1 of L&O: LA, season 10 of L&O: SVU, and season 1 of Chicago Fire. Fetch has got to do better than this or reduce the price.

4 Likes

They should try and do a deal with one of the free-to-air networks. A bit like how SBS produced World Movies and Stvdio for Foxtel a few years ago. A channel from 10 would be great. CBS content would fill a big gap. Sticking it to Rupert. Good all-in-one platform to market and preinstall All Access on as well.

4 Likes

A channel of CBS comedies would be good: I Love Lucy and sequels, Brady Bunch and sequels, Gomer Pyle, Fraser, Get Smart, Hogan’s Heroes, Happy Days, Love Boat, Beverly Hillbillies, etc.

2 Likes

Yep can’t say I am over enjoyed with the deal, there must be more American cable channels they can do a deal with to bring back what we have lost!

Yes, a bit disappointed with the replacement. It’s still cheap compared to Foxtel. Disney XD ceases tomorrow too.

They quietly added 13th Street from NBC Universal I noticed (or have they always had it??).

Agreed, CBS or NBCUniversal could do one.

It’s been there for a while, can’t remember how long.

USA network

OWN
Oprah’s channel has some interesting interviews

Why not just re-launch TV1? I believe it was (one of) the highest rating channels on Foxtel at the time.

Didn’t Foxtel just start going hard at buying content direct and basically kill off the channel?

TV1 was owned by a partnership of NBC Universal + CBS + Sony.

1 Like

the stuff we used to get on Nick@nite when it was on here seems to have disappeared from TV - I love Lucy, Benson, F Troop, Get Smart, My Three Sons, WKRP in Cincinatti, etc.

anything in black and white seems to have been put in the vault at foxtel and not repeated

Latest Fetch update includes some very useful improvements.

• You can now retrieve recently deleted recordings should you accidentally delete a file you wanted to keep.

• You can now watch live channel streams in 9now. If only Ten would come to the party and provide some relief to long suffering WIN viewers.

• The SBS on Demand app has been rebuilt and is easier to navigate.

• Network streaming issues have been fixed.

7 Likes