Fetch TV

It’s not picking up the name in the TV guide but it shows that something’s there as ‘Channel not available’ or something similar but you can view the channel manually, when scrolling.

1 Like

I admit I haven’t tried this for a while but the last time I tried typing in the number on the Fetch box won’t bring it up if they have it blocked.

1 Like

Thanks, hmm, it’s not appearing in tbe EPG at all and just goes from 76 to 78 when i press the /\ button

It won’t. Normally what happens with mine it will very quickly flash up if I’m scrolling through this but it always goes away if I try to select it. It shouldn’t come up in the EPG.

1 Like

Meanwhile Fetch TV has extended its partnership with BBC Studios Australia and New Zealand, ensuring Fetch subscribers’ ongoing access to BBC content available on any Australian aggregation platform covering existing brands BBC UKTV, BBC Earth, CBeebies, BBC Kids and BBC Brit. The new addition is the BBC Drama channel (which replaces BBC First). BBC News and Britbox are currently available on Fetch also.

6 Likes

(People who use that font should be shot out of a cannon into the sun)

20 Likes

A step up from crayons. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

I do wonder if Fetch would look at adding additional FAST channels or even more general entertainment channels like AXN, History or CI and Asia Food network (AFN) to the channel list in the future. With Foxtel losing channels left right and centre, additional channels to Fetch would make it an appealing change for many people I suspect.

6 Likes

They have been constantly adding channels. Scroll back and you’ll see we have been reporting them in this thread.

These were added last month:

BeIN SPORTS EXTRA (CH 161)
ENTERTAIN by IT Studios (CH209)
true Crime Now (CH 212)
History and Warfare Now (CH 209)
Homeful (CH 214)
Mythbusters (CH 222)
Ghost Hunters (CH 231)
Love Pets (CH 232)

3 Likes

I would love to see The History Channel and Crime + Investigation move to Fetch.

I’d even be willing to pay more than $6 per month for a channel pack. $8 or $9 each would still be fine for me.

3 Likes

Both of these channels are owned by Foxtel. The brands and programming are licensed from A&E. I doubt Fetch wants to take that on.

2 Likes

Fetch could still get the American versions, now that Foxtel has stopped producing them as there is no exclusivity.

When has a direct American version of a channel ever been available here? Local advertising needs to be sold and programming rights need to be sorted out. I’d be willing to bet a significant amount of the shows on these two channels will have their rights stay with Foxtel for streaming.
Not to mention, Fetch has always shown a lot of resistance to programming their own channels.

1 Like

The Southeast Asian versions of Food Network, HGTV and travel channel air on Fetch, they could air the Asian versions of History and CI.

2 Likes

They could. But content rights in Asia are different to those here. It’s an entirely different media market.

I don’t know if they were programmed with solely A&E aligned content either

1 Like

I think MTV 80s is American, the Australian version was dropped a year or two ago.

I believe MTV 80s (along with other Paramount channels) is programmed out of the UK

3 Likes

I thought they got replaced by the European ad-free version (along with Club MTV and MTV Hits). CMT the last Australian programmed video music channel?

Lorson will remain at Fetch in an advisory role until January 2025.

4 Likes