Fetch TV

Has this been happening to anyone else? Or is this just a problem with my fetch :joy:

1 Like

They’ve had this channel for years, previously called “Sneak Peek” on channel 999.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that was a live channel. I thought that was a channel that only showed highlights.

Yes but only recently changed to channel 103

1 Like

More info on FAST channels Homeful and Love Pets

2 Likes

:hushed:

10 Likes

Probably the best news I’ve heard all day!

2 Likes

Since Telstra have bought into Fetch, it seems to be moving in a positive direction.

The recent update has made the interface better and fixed the TV Guide glitch where the screen froze as you scrolled through it.

Useless apps have also been removed and some new FAST channels added.

Positive news with the new OS launching, however, I guess this means all TV recordings on the Mighty’s will be deleted when they upgrade the OS later this year?

5 Likes

Will Fetch Mighty still be a PVR?

1 Like

Yes I’m pretty sure it is.

4 Likes

That’s good news. PVRs are still essential TV devices to me. They are sadly a dying breed.

4 Likes

I’m not to sure how exactly it will play out though. I could be wrong but there may be a major update that could affect your recordings (in other terms you would lose them but this could be completely wrong.

3 Likes

Yep. It’s annoying that this is true.

3 Likes

Don’t really worry about losing recordings but I wouldn’t like to lose Fetch as a PVR. In fact that’s probably the only reason I would continue with Fetch. I believe Apple TV is superior to use for apps etc.

3 Likes

Yep. I don’t think this will happen. For a while, anyway. When it does happen there will be another major device release and another software will come out. My hope is the FTA networks will jump on board and allow the FTA catch up to be more integrated, so it works the way the Sky puck does in the Uk. Or the other idea would be recording in a similar way Hubbl works. So its not dead as such it’s just that recording to a hard drive is becoming less and less needed.

How does Hubbl record? I would prefer to always record FTA programs as I’m allergic to ads. :crazy_face:

1 Like

It doesnt…?

1 Like

It doesn’t it realise on a watch list feature so you’re watching catch up tv that is saved to a watchlist. The Uk version does this as well but its a lot better then the way Hubbl does it.
What I’m saying is if hubbl or the new Fetch models do get to that point it probably wont matter that much because they will still be doing the same job.

They are not doing the same job if there is no recording facilty available. I understand all FTA stations have a catchup service BUT they have MANY ads (sometimes the same one over and over again). Obviously all streaming services have their programs available to watch when we want to. If FTA cannot be recorded on Fetch etc. IMO it will further accelerate the demise of FTA television, I also record Fetch live channels such as “Aussie Gold Hunters”. So if Fetch take away this recording facilty it’s bye, bye Fetch from me.

4 Likes

I agrre. If Fetch doesn’t allow you to record then I have no use for it. All the streaming apps are available on my Samsung TV so i wouldn’t use my Fetch any more.

4 Likes