Fetch TV

I reckon you’re spot on.

4 Likes

I have Fetch and rarely use it. Got an Apple TV which has got everything

1 Like
4 Likes

Good move although given some of the issues that fetch have at the moment with software bugs they can’t seem to squash I suspect many will rather they focus on fixing what they’ve got

3 Likes

My box works well, only the occasional freeze when i first change channels.

I would like to see more functionality added in for the tuner, a single RF channel scan option would be great since i get a couple of different versions of the same channels and the strongest one that my tuner automatically picks isn’t always the best option for me, particularly in summer.

1 Like

My parents don’t seem to have the issues that others have reported but the number of peoe complaining on the fetch user group on Facebook suggest it’s reasonably wide spread

1 Like

It’d be interesting to see what proportion of users that actually represents.

You normally only hear from those that have issues, not the ones who are happy with it.

Same with any other device, iPhones included.

3 Likes

I noticed another update happened over the weekend but I’m still having problems with my Fetch. Not as bad as a few weeks ago. Sometimes if I’ve paused something and walk away for an extended period, it won’t play again. Can’t shut it down and have to switch it off and on at the power point.

Also, if ive left the box on overnight, when I turn the TV on, I only see snow on the screen. It doesnt affect recordings when in that state though. Turning it off and on doesn’t fix it. I have to switch it off and on at the power point so it restarts.

1 Like

My parents have this when they leave the box on an IP channel as well

1 Like

Since the recent upgrade at the end of April it has fixed the freezing issue when scrolling through the TV guide. No other issues for me.

Also maybe Telstra removing some of the apps has helped, as this may have slowed down the device or caused the freezing when scrolling up and down the TV guide.

1 Like

I have a fetch mighty and mini. No problems with either and their both older generation boxes. The mini is slow at responding but it has always been that way and I think it actually works smother now since the update that happened about a year ago compared to when I first got it.

3 Likes

I spoke too soon yesterday. I’ve had to restart three days in a row now. It’s the Fetch Mighty that has theproblem. The Fetch Mini seems to be fine.

1 Like

I could be wrong but isn’t the Fetch mini the newer of the two versions?

1 Like

Yes, my Fetch Mini is newer. But we don’t know whether the bug is only a problem on the older models.

1 Like

My ‘old’ Mighty has been fine touch wood

3 Likes

Is CNA (Channel NewsAsia) now in HD on Fetch?, the picture quality looks a bit better than what it used to be.

2 Likes

I’ve had my fetch freeze multiple times when going through the tv guide or just going through a list of anything. It has gotten less in the last week so that’s good.

But something that’s been very annoying is that when watching anything on paramount+ using fetch, the subtitles only last for about 1-2mins before disappearing, has to always go back 30seconds or exit out and go back for them to comeback.

3 Likes

Just noticed Fetch has MTV Hits on ch 103 listed in the TV Guide as Free to Watch.

It was listed in the What’s New sectiom where it said you can enjoy it for 14 more days. They have made Fetch packages available before for a month but this is the first time I have noticedone free channel. Does everyone have the same channel for free?

Also in the What’s New section is a promo for a Mega Movie Weekend - Buy or Rent for less this Weekend. Latest releases for $2.99 and $8.99.

2 Likes

Yes, channel 103 is a new channel set up to show other pay channels for free for 14 days.

They had Comedy Central on for 14 days previously.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks for that confirmation.

1 Like