Fetch TV

4 Likes

Nice. Was wondering when Fetch would start featuring these channels. They’re on just about every leading smart TV these days. And there are hundreds more to choose from.

2 Likes

But is any of it worth watching? :thinking:

1 Like

We sit and watch the FailArmy and People Are Awesome channels at times as a family. Something we can get a giggle out of and it’s family friendly content. We used to find them on YouTube so this makes it easier now by just going to the channel number.

Then Jerry Springer is always good for a laugh later on after the kids are in bed!

1 Like

“Sky News on MSNBC” now playing in blocks on MSNBC.

5 Likes

Usually when MSNBC is off air. Usually they replay their primetime opinon shows for West Coast viewers

4 Likes

Yes, it’s a sister station to MSNBC. Sky was bought by Comcast in 2018.

2 Likes

You would most likely see Telstra buying Fetch for its technology and ditching the brand.

Yes I’m aware. I’m surprised it is on the Aussie version, given Sky News is exclusive to Foxtel.

Given the ownership change, I wonder how long that will last now.

1 Like

The whole channel is not on Fetch, it’s being shown on MSNBC in the evenings. MSNBC is exclusive to Fetch and there is no Aussie version, it’s the international version.

1 Like

Article talks of a planned 51% stake by Telstra

3 Likes

Foxtel think that Sky Glass could replace Telstra TV? Hahaha

3 Likes

Wonder if they’ve read the reviews about Sky Glass and its shortcomings (not having recording functionality particularly stands out)…?

Surely the ACCC wouldn’t let this happen until Foxtel goes public or Telstra gets rid of its 35% stake?

3 Likes

It will be really interesting to see what happens here. If Telstra does buy Fetch, it will mean Fetch will be in 2 million households which will give Fetch/Telstra much more scale and the ability to invest in new content.

Fetch is already great, but with Telstra on board, it may be even better.

3 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of it being a really odd alternative given the Telstra TV is a fairly low cost item and Sky Glass is likely to be exxy.

If Telstra has no intention of kicking other (existing) users off the platform, I’m not sure whether it will be a big issue. I wouldn’t be surprised if Telstra is only interested in the hardware component and not necessarily the content.

Also, if this garners some commitment to get at least Kayo/Binge/Flash on the service, then that will be a significant win

4 Likes

That would be a huge win in our books if that happened. I completely understand why it hasn’t yet (as many on the Fetch pages don’t understand) but it would be awesome.

They may also well and truly screw the pooch

Probably depends a lot on whether they completely cash out of Foxtel or not. Even if they don’t they now barely have a 1/3 stake so could still be vetoed

Starting today, and rolling out in phases over the coming weeks, Disney+ will initially be available to subscribers with a Mighty or Mini 4K Fetch box. Further development work is underway to add Disney+ to the Fetch Mini.

4 Likes