Fetch TV

Yes. They have cut channels in the general and language packs but haven’t reduced the prices.

1 Like

Yeah - there’s already a fair bit of backlash on Eurosport AU’s Twitter above the move to Fetch and I suspect that’s only going to grow louder when the pricing details are more widely known

Well too bad to them its Foxtel’s fault.

I still use my box for recording but have cancelled all subscriptions. The variety pack does just not do it for me anymore!

1 Like

A lot of it is because you need a Fetch box to access it (yes I get that it was no different to Foxtel) - there has been a growing chorus of people wanting Eurosport to bring the Eurosport Player to Australia (especially since Kayo began).

The need for a set top box for an internet delivered service is a bit old-school though - Fetch might get more subs if they opened up their access to apps

I’ve always wondered about this; maybe Fetch make more money on the box than the channels?

Eurosport is now live on Fetch

1 Like

Why is it that when Foxtel loses a channel, Fetch has to follow suit? Shouldn’t there be separate contracts as Foxtel and Fetch are different pay TV providers?

The contacts are separate; however, with Fetch’s relatively small subscriber base, it often doesn’t stack up economically for the channel to continue in Australia just for Fetch. Especially if the channel needs to buy rights for the programming it shows.

I wonder if this is the first country where Disney Channel has been discontinued altogether.

2 Likes

The last few months have really highlighted how dependent Fetch is on Foxtel - they’ve lost quite a fair few channels as a result of the decisions Foxtel have made but haven’t been able to add many new channels to replace them.

1 Like

Left NZ end of last November.

1 Like

I wonder if Disney plan to withdraw the Nat Geo channels also.

It’s Foxtel who withdrew from contract negotiations, not Disney.

The small market size doesn’t help, I can’t imagine that retaining a localised version of a channel for just fetch is sustainable and I don’t believe that Disney have an international version of the channels either

It was suggested when Disney+ was announced that this was a likely outcome, so it shouldn’t be a surprise. The writing was on the wall when the Disney movies left in October. Foxtel’s summer children’s popup service also excluded any Disney content which I don’t think anyone here picked-up on (I didn’t until I went back to find the PR for the Disney movies change)

1 Like

Nice gesture from Fetch.

4 Likes

Discovery Turbo and Investigation Discovery are now live on Fetch a day early

3 Likes

Fetch will have to reorganise its channels when it loses Disney and Disney Jnr as the leftover channels surely don’t constitute enough value for their own package alone.

3 Likes

I’m not really a fan of them, but I think we’ll see more virtual channels like Oxygen or Zoo Moo show up in the EPG to make up for the difference. They could even brand them as Fetch.

I’m not a huge fan either they’re not enticing to watch