Fetch TV

A show on investigation had me hook to the end tonight.

What channel numbers are they on?

ID is 116

Turbo is 118

1 Like

I’m looking at getting Fetch TV Mighty and removing Foxtel and was wondering if you can record 3 HD channels at the same time?

So for example can I record 7HD, 9HD and 10HD at the same time?

2 Likes

I haven’t used my Fetch for a while since having Foxtel on the East coast and getting FTA that way, but from memory, yes you can. Record 2 channels and watch a third.

It’s a better offering than Foxtel in that respect.

From their website:

The Gen 3 Mighty Fetch box has four tuners – three for recording and one for watching, and can record up to six channels whilst you watch a seventh.

So, yes you can record 7HD, 9HD and 10HD. Theoretically you can record six HD channels: 7HD and 7mate HD as well as SBS HD and SBS viceland HD and ABC HD and ABC News.

1 Like

Hasn’t ABC News been in SD since ABC HD relaunched?

1 Like

Yes. It was never in native HD anyway. Very definitely in SD now. ABC has only one HD channel.

1 Like

OK. Point taken. Off topic.

The point is you can record up to six HD channels on a Fetch Gen 3 Mighty.

But can you in theory record nine HD channels at the same time - six free-to-air and three subscription - while watching a seventh free-to-air channel?

You can record 3 subscription channels at the same time. Not sure if there is a restriction if you are recording on your tuners at the same time. The User Guide doesn’t specify any.

6 Likes

This is great. Fetch should do more things like that as an incentive for subscribers to buy into other packages.

5 Likes

It’s also a great way to give those who have a Fetch box but don’t subscribe to any of the packages a sample of the channels available

2 Likes

The Optus call and message centre is somewhere overseas in Asia and appears to have almost totally shutdown, with only urgent requests being attended to, and it is near impossible to get through. COVID-19 has hit Optus hard.

My Fetch box died last night, and after realising today that I’m not going to be able to get help from Optus for a few weeks I quickly adapted, turning my Samsung DVD hard drive recorder on again, and worked out that I could mirror Fetch on my mobile phone to the Chromecast on the television. Not complaining.

2 Likes

Telstra is in the same boat. Both call centre locations in the Philippines and India are in total lockdown. They set up India as a backup for India but obviously never foresaw such a crisis. Very few staff are set up to work from home overseas.

Telstra is hastily trying to hire 1000 staff in Australia to perform those duties again onshore. There have been huge waiting times this week. Normally this would be big news but with so much other coronavirus news dominating it’s not even rating a mention.

After all this is over, there is going to have to be a rethink about how much business has been offshored in recent years and how it can be detrimental to us.

4 Likes

Fetch launching Animal Planet this Wednesday.

1 Like

Fetch is offering a lot freebies this month.

The News channels, the Kids Pack and the new Animal Planet channel from today until 30 April 2020.

Kids pack has been the whole of April.

1 Like

With the loss of the Disney channels from the Kids pack and the addition of Animal Planet to Knowledge, their $6/ea. channel packages have become rather lopsided when it comes to number of channels included:

• Kids - 7
  • Variety - 9
  • Vibe - 11
  • Knowledge - 20
2 Likes