Fetch TV

Article in the Herald about the about the addition of MSNBC:

2 Likes

Donald Trump would prefer to have the Fox News Channel on Fetch

Reckon Fetch does a really good job finding channels which aren’t offered on Foxtel (eg; BBC Brit, Oxygen, MTV Classic, MSNBC, etc) and giving them a home

3 Likes

Do you reckon he knows what Fetch is?

2 Likes

At least Australians now have a choice, if you are a conservative, you choose FOX News & if you are left wing, you choose MSNBC or CNN.

No. I just joked that cause there was an image of Donald Trump on the article and they were boasting the focus of Trump news. However, Trump himself believes all major news channels in the USA are unreliable except for Fox News.

1 Like

and from a FTA perspective well in regional areas and parts of Sydney you have ABC News 24 and SNOW via WIN.

3 Likes

What about the Gold Coast?

Sorry I am NSW based.

Where I am located I can get UHF from Bowral transmission sight if I point the UHF antenna in that direction, used to be great back in the day but in today’s world since nearly everything is simulcast with metro it’s not worth it, unless you want to watch Kojak on Saturday nights on WIN Bold.

Transmission sight is approx 85km LOS (line of sight) … Blue dot is where I am right now :wink: not my home …

1 Like

Are you sure you’re getting it from the 1kW translators at Bowral and not the 250kW main transmissions from Knights Hill? I would think that almost all of the Illawarra antenna setups for Sydney would be for Knights Hill as opposed to Bowral.

It’s line of sight, High Band UHF 600+.

Considering most in Sydney would have to point there antenna north (except for those on the Northern side of the bridge or north east from the west) and I am pointing south west not straight south.

Either way it no longer makes any difference unless you really want regional ads and news/weather updatea or to watch Kojak on WIN Bold lol

Impressive to get a 1kW UHF TV signal 85km out.

My UHF antenna’s pointed at Knights Hill; I haven’t tried to see if Bowral reception is possible.

1 Like

Well I am up high where I am and have a near clear line of sight.

The fact the signal at weak level can be go that far is impressive since it’s in the 600+ MHz range.

The only other thing I can think of is if Cambeltown/ Ingelburn plays a part, that said from what I tell there is no transmission info for that region

O know this is wrong thread to to be talking about this also :wink:

Totally agree. It’s a good alternative to Foxtel for entertainment, kids and docos. Not like SelecTV, which was shit in comparison.

SelecTV had a decent channel lineup (from memory it had things like some of the Discovery channels and the old Movie Network) but it was ridiculously overpriced

1 Like

The movie offer was good, but no original Discovery channel and no entertainment at all except E! and MTV made it pretty a sad service for the price. Started at $29.95p/m at launch IIRC, but towards the end it got as high as $40+.

1 Like

SelecTV?

Look at the ownership … WIN

3 Likes

After a few months absent, the tagging returned on an ABC program yesterday. On Monday, The InBESTigators new season was untagged and stored in a file as Season Unknown. But on Tuesday it was (S2.E2) and stored in a Season 2 file.

Hopefully they’re doing this for all their series again.

1 Like

Saw an on-screen notice tonight that Spike (channel 120) would become a virtual channel from next Monday (November 18). It means you can move forward and back in the TV guide and choose any show and episode to watch from the start.

2 Likes

Fetch seems to be going strong with this style. Not sure I love it but it seems to be popular

2 Likes