Fetch TV

Fetch is offering four children’s channels free to all subscribers during October.

2 Likes

It’s more than that. It’s the whole Kids Pack with 9 channels: Disney, Disney Junior, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, CBeebies, Baby TV and ZooMoo.

3 Likes

Just replaced my dead PVR with a fetch mighty. Swapped all the same cables over (Antenna and HDMI) but fetch isnt picking up any FTA Channels, whereas my other PVR Picked up everything…

Anyone have any experience on this issue?

I don’t know if this is the reason, but one thing to check. Make sure you’re using the HDMI cable that came with the Fetch TV box and you’re not using an old HDMI cable.

Newer equipment is not compatible with old HDMI cables. My new TV couldn’t connect to the Fetch box using a HDMI 1.4. I needed a HDMI 2.

I’ll switch that, but would that really affect getting channels? can get fetch channels but not FTA…

Have you gone to settings and performed a scan?

Multiple Scans

I sometimes lose the FTA channels in that way too. I usually switch the Fetch box completely off from power and restart it. That always fixes it. Again, it might not work in this case but it always has for me.

I’ve never had a problem with it scanning in the free-to-air channels, except when the Optus NBN was temporarily down. It seemed that the Fetch box needs a network connection to work properly.

Further to my issues above, it looks like its the antenna point in my roon. Hooked it up in the lounge room and it worked fine. Came back to the bedroom with the same cables and nothing. So now have to investigate fixing that now.

2 Likes

A couple of months ago, the ABC stopped providing some important info on the EPG like season number, episode number and episode title. I don’t know if this has only happened on Fetch or whether it’s everywhere.

I have my Fetch box set to only record new episodes of the latest season of my favourite series. As a result of the ABC change, my Fetch box cannot accurately record programs across all the ABC channels.

During Season 3 of Glitch, the ABC starting running repeats of season 1 and 2. Fetch recorded all three seasons and episodes are in no particularly order and not separated into separate folders for seasons.

The Unlisted keeps recording the same episodes over and over again from its one season and different screenings because episodes are not numbered.

The Good Place is shown in double episodes every week. Fetch only records the first episode and not the second which follows.

Why has the ABC done this?

1 Like

With the final season of Poldark that finished a couple of weeks ago it was similar with S5.1, S5.2 and S5.8 all being properly tagged, but the other episodes all went into ‘season unknown’ though they did have episode information. With Les Norton two of the episodes are ‘season unknown’.

It is a pity as the ABC used to be very good, unlike WIN and SC who very often don’t put series and episode number info on the EPG. When I was watching my recordings of the final season of TBBT a couple of months after it finished I had to consult Wikipedia to work out the episode order.

1 Like

Exactly. So annoying.

I have to wonder whether this is due to cost cutting and whether this requires extra effort. Does not seem to be a problem for any other network including SBS.

2 Likes

Saw an on screen notice today confirming BBC Living would be replaced by BBC Brit on Friday, November 1. BBC Brit will be on Fetch channel 132.

1 Like

Not sure when it started, but MSNBC is now on channel 171 on my Fetch box. Seems like a rather US-centric add for an Australian pay TV provider. Though I guess Foxtel has Fox News.

The channel is in HD and doesn’t have ads (just station promos where the ads would usually be).

3 Likes

Just noticed it. HD but American ads are removed sadly. Would’ve loved to see American ads on Australian TV.

Why? :weary:

2 Likes

No you would not

It’s all fast food and “take this medicine but only if you don’t have allergies to it”.

I watch a heap of live US (cable) TV via neferious methods and the commercials are clearly for stupid Americans.

“Did you serve in the military then you are eligible for compensation because your government failed you”

Or

Pizza commercial followed by Burger King followed by Pizza followed by Pop Eye Chicken followed by Pizza commerical followed by a local ad spot for cable company/satellite provider then another pizza commercial and if your lucky a promo spot for a TV show.

1 Like

This is excellent news

2 Likes

MSNBC is a good addition - its a shame you need a Fetch box though, I really dont need another streaming device