Federal Politics

How funny would it be in the next election if he doesn’t even win his seat? Only a few percent separated the two parties in the last election.

1 Like

It happened to John Howard and he was actually popular once.

2 Likes

Could happen. Get up have mobilized to try and outst him. He’s a vile human. Lacks compassion. Has his head stuck up his own ass.

2 Likes

I thought it was stuck up barnabys butt…

More on the establishment of this “Monash Forum”. What a surprise Andrews is the brains behind it and Credlin is stirring the pot.

Old mate Jaff-daddy has an issue with the truth on a regular basis.

One of The Spy Report’s greatest contributors.

5 Likes

Interesting. Probably should post that in the Reddit thread which has spawned around the tweet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was something in this rumour of a Lib spill. They’ve rolled out John Howard tonight to urge against any move on Turnbull. Coincidence? I think not. It smacks of desperation.

The bulk of the Howard interview was surrounding the 20th anniversary of the waterfront dispute.

Just realised that federal parliament doesn’t sit until May 8th. So a party room meeting on Monday is BS.

1 Like

it probally is BS going by history.

in 2015 the first challenge to abbot was on monday the 9th of feb - first day of the autumn session.

the sucessful challenge was on the 14th of september, another sitting day,

surely if there was 60 lib members travellig to canberra we would know - families, airlines, staffers - someone would say somehting rather than just an anonomous tip

1 Like

Yeah I also doubt they’d do it while the Commonwealth Games are on would they? The world’s media here would have a field day.

2 Likes

The AEC today released the draft redistribution of electoral boundaries in Victoria and the ACT.

Both will gain an extra seat, and several in Victoria will be renamed: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-06/federal-electoral-boundaries-redrawn-victoria-act/9626486

South Australia will lose a seat, to be announced next week.

2 Likes

He doesn’t like a particular story being raised.

The ACT used to have an electorate called Fraser but it was named after Jim Fraser, who was the Member for ACT from 1951 to 1970. It was renamed Fenner in 2016 to honour scientist Frank Fenner.

When Abdel-Magied tweeted a similar line to Rugg’s last year she deleted the tweet and apologized stating: “It was brought to my attention that my last post was disrespectful, and for that, I apologise unreservedly”. Obviously that apology meant nothing.

3 Likes

Probably did at the time, but given how she gets treated by the noisy right, probably doesn’t GAF any more. I wasn’t offended by it but can see how some people would be.

2 Likes

Using a holiday meant to promote peace to… point out the hypocrisy in our current political system compared to those values. I can support her using ANZAC Day for such a cause.

The Right doesn’t care what she did. They only care about who she is. She’s a Muslim woman who’s progressive.

3 Likes

US Customs refused to let her into the country on a business (not work) visa for a paid speaking arrangement.

She’s now claiming that if she were a white male, she’d probably have been allowed in on the wrong visa.

Yeah, my arse.

3 Likes

I care about what she did, I don’t care if she is a Muslim. For me it was just disrespectful to the dishonour the solidiers that defended our country and lost their lives and for those who are alive and served.

I would have accepted her apology if she meant it and didn’t carry on about how Australia was being mean to her and comparing it to an abusive boyfriend, which is a pretty low blow to domestic violence survivors.

4 Likes

Fine make light of it, but don’t be an idiot on a day like ANZAC day - where its not all about those off-shore detention people, as its about our soldiers that died. Do it the day after for crying out loud. Just don’t do it on a tragic event - same goes for Pauline, when mentioning about terrorist attacks

3 Likes