Federal Politics

I think Bill has cleaned out the knife block at Labor HQ.

look at Tony Abbott he won in a landslide, 2 years after he got knifed by his own party. I reckon he will be worse than Tony.

well this was in the SMH a few years ago.

1 Like

And where did these knifings get us?
What makes you think they will keep doing this when it didn’t do either party any good?

It’s funny that we went from one of the longest serving Prime Ministers under John Howard to now having so many that can’t last a full term. I keep hearing about Abbott wanting to run but it would be the death for the party, just like what happened to Rudd in 2013 after taking back what he believed was his. The public didn’t like the disunity which had gone for years, same with how Abbott is running now.

If Julie called for a spill, the feeling will be the same as when Julia toppled Rudd. The public will turn against her and they won’t trust them. They already don’t trust Bill, but if either party tries for a spill they will lose the next election for them! Truly a damned if they do, damned if they don’t situation.

2 Likes

Who is this guy? I have searched for articles and found nothing.

If Abbott, Andrews, Abetz and Co just shut their gobs, announced they’d be retiring at the next election and let Turnbull be the PM the majority of the party room and at the time public wanted we’d have much better government.

3 Likes

While we’re dreaming, imagine if the Parliament was actually full of people wanting the best for their electorates but also working together to get the best for their country. Unfortunately, it’s full of players and those who could be decent don’t get a look in because they can’t play the game.

5 Likes

I only put it here, because I thought it would be relevant for this thread, and considering Mark claims that a former Liberal Party staffer called 2GB yesterday to say that a spill is on. Don’t forget Mal is 1 poll away from reaching the key 30 newspoll losses, that he used to knife Tony in 2015.

Terrific peice by The Age’s Tony Wright regarding this Monash Forum and those behind it.

As an aside, does anyone know why articles cut from The Age appear as from SMH when pasted? Does this artificially inflate SMH visits?

God you Aussies are power hungry :joy:

Just out of curiosity if there were a #libspill would Peter Dutton be the right man to run as a Deputy? He doesn’t hold a safe seat. He only just won in the last election with Labor, in the two party preferred, gaining 5% in his electorate. Obviously Julie Bishop holds a strong Liberal seat in WA but I am not sure Peter Dutton is a safe Deputy. Although I guess that doesn’t really matter if they are just looking to take over now, I guess they can worry about that at the next election.

I still don’t think Julie Bishop will look to take over in that way. She wouldn’t want to be the reason Liberal lose the next election. She would be better to take over as Opposition leader if Liberal lose the next election.

1 Like

Here we gooooo

1 Like

Nutbags! More instability. What a smart idea.

3 Likes

Jesus … that’s gonna be a disaster for them. Dutton is fucked in the head. How could he be prime minister.

This 30 news poll shit is such a stupid way. Yes turnbull said it but he really was commenting on he trajectory… the trend. Not citing just 30 polls. People are so stupid to clutch on one little detial and not look at the bigger picture.

2 Likes

Does Dutton realise the NP in LNP doesn’t vote in the Libs party room?

Dutton is a moron. Do these people realise that if they lurch further to the extreme right they will alienate even more voters.

3 Likes

Peter Dutton would make for the perfect Prime Minister…if the Liberal Party want to ensure that they’re in opposition for 10 years after the next Federal Election.

4 Likes

peter dutton as pm will be a huge victory for labor:) means labor will be a swing in the election

Hehe would be a great victory for labor indeed.

Peter Dutton ewwww who the fuck in their right mind would want Dutton in as leader of liberal party :joy:

If this is true it would be a stupid call, again they have done stupid things in the last five years…:joy:mm