Federal Politics

Resolve poll

2 Likes

This seems like much more than a standard honeymoon period for Albo.

2 Likes

Albo’s only 55%? While he’s ahead by the length of the flemington straight against Mr Potato Head, its not a great result given the size of undecideds

1 Like

Good stuff from Albo. He was clearly the underdog early this year but he’s really come out of the gates booming with everything that he’s been doing so far.

Also great stuff for Voldemort. Getting the approval ratings he deserves, even though it’s 17% higher than what he actually is worth.

5 Likes

We’ve just had to endure years of hearing Scummo, Slummo, Slowmo etc… Do we really need to continue the bullying? It was bullying with the “Ditch the Witch” signs for Gillard and it’s bullying with all this name calling that really should have ended for people back in primary school. I get that people don’t like them but we already have low enough standards in parliament, don’t let them think that the people they represent are worse. We should be demanding higher standards, not sinking to levels below them.

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s bullying. He just looks like the character and he’s been called worse before. Certainly no intention of malice here.

Besides I’m sure Dutton’s called other people names as well so it’s fair game on him.

3 Likes

Sorry, didn’t mean to single you out specifically and I know it’s a common comparison but I just thought I’d comment with it. I just see it as bullying because I’d imagine it’s a comparison he doesn’t like. If he chooses to embrace that then go for it!

1 Like

It’s fine, I didn’t take offence :slightly_smiling_face:

And yes name-calling is not great but if politicians call others names then they should also take it when others call them.

EDIT: Here’s one example.

2 Likes

Apparently Mr Dutton was an ex Qld cop . I can see aspects of that in his personality.

1 Like
1 Like

Completely agree. Don’t attack someones looks attack their policies. Its a cheap shot.

We have seen so much ‘bullying’ and name calling in regards to looks and its just not right.

2 Likes

So we’ve got an inquiry into the Morrison schamozzle and bizarre ministerial tinkering and he’s out and about saying “as long as there is an inquiry into states response to the pandemic”.

This is the trump tactic… “inquiry into stolen election and protests by BLM” to deflect from the insurrection.

This is all these nutters have. Abject “whataboutism”.

Morrison still the creepy nut job he’s always been.

3 Likes

The only reason we even needed a states response to the pandemic is because ScoMo utterly failed at his job to… *checks notes *… respond to the pandemic

3 Likes

Please don’t compare my Potato head with Petter Dutton, there are worst characters he can be compared too :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually agree that’s even low by even Australian standard voting standards. It seems like the undecided had gone to the greens this election! (Which doesn’t that automatically vote for Labor)?

Has anyone missed a vote at the federal election? The only reason I am asking is,my mate died on election day and he got a notification in his mail, which his parents are trying to sort out.

1 Like

No. It completely depends on the individual who is voting and who they have put in 2nd, 3rd etc. if an undecided voted for liberal 2nd then their vote could have gone to liberal.

1 Like

ALP 57 (+1) L/NP 43 (-1)

Albanese 61 (+2) Dutton 22 (-3)

3 Likes

Do we really need polls this frequently so far out from the next federal election?

The Australian should so state polls, I was to see how the premiers are doing, especially NSW and Vic with elections coming up.

1 Like

In Brendan Nelson territory now for Dutton whom himself was a former Defence Minister prior to the Howard government losing that year’s election (and his own seat).

The Newpolls are currently about a month apart. They used to be done fortnightly.