Federal Politics

You guys and your obsession with an election call. It is happening in May.

This morning’s press conference was about the Government’s reaction to the medivac bill.

Also, Senator Derryn Hinch has announced he will support the amendments to the medivac bill, meaning it will probably pass the Senate today.

The whole press conference was predicated on lies. When journalists called him out he ignored them. The government is in crisis. It is fabricating national security issues. Lying to the public. When will it end?

Laws are passing both houses without the support of the government. This is a shambles.

4 Likes

I can’t take anything Our idiot pm for any value. Liberal party is a laughing at stock. I’d be very surprised if there’s one dickhead in Australia that bought the shit that come out of ScoMos mouth

He’s lost control of his government.

Bring on May !

2 Likes

I have a friend who works in the Navy. He said a government directive to reduce patrols in waters between Australia and Indonesia could be easily made and would potentially facilitate new arrivals. That would allow the government to attack Labor and be very Frank Underwood but entirely possible and not something I’d put past an unpopular government desperate to cling to power.

3 Likes

this government is pathetic. they lost control of the house, yet somehow it’s labors fault?

1 Like

Never mind that; worse is the double-standard comparing when Gillard was PM, Abbott was opposition leader and blocked, opposed & sabotaged everything he could in parliament as well as supporting nasty comments & protests outside parliament.

1 Like

I just think LNP is taking border security too seriously.

1 Like

It’s a smoke screen to take the heat off the banking royal commission, the environmental disasters, the problem with not enough women representatives, the defections from the party and all the other shit going down.

7 Likes

Correct

Can we just invade the joint and start a coup? Seriously, I’m over it.

2 Likes

Well this is a bit of a distraction for Scomo

1 Like

A senator who thought that the best way to promote an obesity conference was to jokingly pretend that she was obese. Her excuse is not convincing.

On behalf of obese people - she can f##k right off.

What the hell is “triavisie”? Trivialise maybe?

1 Like

You’d think as a politician she’d be bit more adept at excuses. This is purely “dog ate my homework” stuff :roll_eyes:

1 Like

She’s reportedly now offered another apology but no mention of untoward meals. She’s playing the “out of context” card now, but neglects to offer in what context she was intending:

What context? It’s like a skinny person walking into a Weight Watchers convention for the lone purpose of picking on fat people - where’s the context in that?

Just do the taxpayers a favor and f##k off. Is she up for re-election this year?

1 Like

No, 2022.

She was there as it’s part of her portfolio. Nothing more than trial by social media.

1 Like

All the more reason to treat it with some respect and dignity.

I disagree. She’s an elected member of parliament and presumably a mature adult. She turns up to an obesity conference, which as you say is within her portfolio, and responds by being photographed mocking obese people. It wasn’t like it was an accident, she was fully aware of what she was doing. It’s stupid school kid humour and she is in a role that should be so much better than that, although considering some of her colleagues it’s becoming a very low benchmark.

The situation made even worse with that sloppy excuse, to be followed up by an even more vague apology and playing the “out of context” card.

4 Likes