Federal Politics

Sounds like nothing more than a bit of self-righteous virtue-signalling…

‘Oh I vote below the line… I’m clearly superior to the bogan yobbos’…

Lighten up…

:joy: Calm down. I think you’re the one that needs to lighten up.

3 Likes

If anything, Tasmanians share a greater appreciation of the benefits GVT through Hare Clark.

And I’d suggest this is why they stupidly vote in great numbers below the line in the Senate.

58 candidates… and almost a third of Tasmanian voters cast their vote beolw the line.

Pure idiocy.

Above the line voting is what gives us these two bit micro parties who hold governments to ransom.

2 Likes

And below the line gives us the majors?

Really?

It means the voter’s preferences go where the voter wants, no whatever dodgy deals the parties have done. If micro parties didn’t get an advantage and funding, they wouldn’t bother meaning we.dont end up over one hundred candidates in some states.

The recent reforms at federal level (1-6 above or 1-12 below) are helpful and it will be interesting to see how it plays out at an orthodox half Senate election.

3 Likes

When parties continue to put people like Eric Abetz in the number 1 spot, I’ll keep voting below the line. Sure, he’ll still get in but when the first preferences come through and a lot of people are voting for others before him hopefully they get the message.

5 Likes

I’m really not so sure why you make it so complicated…

It’s democracy… it should be easy…

Sadly there are those amongst us who just love complexity and revel at being dweebs.

Well therein answers your ‘point’.

Bob Maguire comparing the Australian government’s treatment of people on Manus Island to Adolf Hitler’s extermination of Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, the disabled and millions more.

2 Likes

looks like news corp is pushing for Dutton to have a tilt at the leadership. the only reason i can see this working is so that dutton can be parachuted into a safe seat

2 Likes

Dual citizenship would not have become an issue in 2018 had the Howard Government resolved it during its tenure.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Why did the trip cost nearly 3,000? That’s a trip to Europe plus some.

Business class - especially if he wasn’t planning on paying himself.

Fly economy with the rest of us. If I can’t afford business class why should others money be used to cover business class?

1 Like

I don’t think he has the most ethical or moral compass.

2 Likes
1 Like

To be fair to Senator Anning, you’d be hard pressed to find a pollie who isn’t flying business class.
With that said, to claim this sort of stuff from the taxpayer should be removable, if it isn’t already.

1 Like

Yeah I agree most would be. But why are they? Why is that really allowed? If every pollie flew economy could the amount of money saved would be unbelievable. Schools in every electorate would surely love to split that money and spend it on something worthwhile for education…

1 Like